Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Dashboard Menu items

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Dashboard Menu items
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,
I am new to dashboard.
I have created a tab on dashboard - Human Services.
I have four reports on Human Services -
Report 1
Report 2
Report 3
Report 4.

How do I create a menu for above tab so that when user clicks on Human Services tab, the four menu items are displayed.
On clicking of any one of them, corresponding report out is displayed.

Thks
Kar

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Kar,

Can you please be a little more specific on what you are looking for? For example, when you create the tabs or work on the menu, do you receive any error message?

For general information on Dashboard/Managed Reporting, have you got a chance to review the following manuals:

WebFOCUS Managed Reporting Developer's Manual 7.1.3

WebFOCUS Managed Reporting Administrator's Manual 7.1.3

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Thanks for links.
I am able to set up tabs in the dashboard.
The tabs are named as Human Resources, Sales, Marketing.
I am not able to do the following

1. For each tab, I want to set up a menu.
2. The menu should appear on the left side of dashboard.
3. When I click on the menu item, it should open the report output in the same window i.e in right half of the dashboard and NOT in a new window.

Any inputs , please share.
Thanks
Kar

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Kar,

Regarding question#1 and #2, please read through the Administrator's manual, Chapter 7 on Customizing Dashboard and Chapter 9 on Creating Dashboard Content.

Regarding question#3, please check out the following online topic:

How can I have reports open in a new browser from Dashboard?

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry,
I donot have inforesponse account and cannot access the information on the link you provided.

Can you Please provide the link which directly connect to relevant information for opening the report within the dashboard window and not in a new browser window.
You help is appreciated much.
Thanks
Kar

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Kar,

You are right that per company policy, an InfoResponse username/password is necessary to review the online documents and manuals. If you do not have one, please check with your management and ask for the “site code” or “serial number”, which will be required to register an InfoResponse account at http://techsupport.ibi.com. This should be included as part of your maintenance package.

Thank you and let me know me know if you have any questions. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
I got the inforesponse login from my company.
My Question was
How can I have reports open in a same browser from Dashboard?

I have page in dashboard with contents defined as LIST BLOCK
(List blocks can contain many items from one or many domains. The items can be from any folder in any domain to which you have access. You can run a report or access an Internet resource by clicking a hyperlink from the list.)
When I click on hyperlink, report runs in a new browser.

I donot want reports opened in a new browser from Dashboard?

Thanks

Kar

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Kar,

Please review the following:

BID reports are getting generated under same browser window

Hope this helps. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry,

The solution you have refered to is as follows.

BID reports are getting generated under same browser window

My problem is exactly the opposite

BID reports are getting generated NOT in same browser window.
I want my reports to be generated in same window.
I am using WebFOcus 7.1

Thanks
Kar

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Kar,

Please contact Information Builders' Customer Support Service and open a case regarding the issue. We may need to take a look at what you currently have in order to do further trouble-shooting.

To open a case, you may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Thank you. Smiler

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator