As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.
New TIBCO Community Coming Soon
In early summer, TIBCO plans to launch a new community—with a new user experience, enhanced search, and expanded capabilities for member engagement with answers and discussions! In advance of that, the current myibi community will be retired on April 30. We will continue to provide updates here on both the retirement of myibi and the new community launch.
What You Need to Know about Our New Community
We value the wealth of knowledge and engagement shared by community members and hope the new community will continue cultivating networking, knowledge sharing, and discussion.
During the transition period, from April 20th until the new community is launched this summer, myibi users should access the TIBCO WebFOCUS page to engage.
I have a update maintain, in a 7.6.4 environment, that is triggered from various rows in a WF report by a drilldown URL. If one clicks on the same link more then once, the data that shows in the maintain is always the same, even if it has been changed previously. This is confusing to the users that insist on doing such things.
I have added a random number, with an & var, to the maintain link, but that hasn't helped, and I realized that the random number will not change for different clicks, since it remains the same throughout the 'life' of the report page.
I've seen reference to setting “EXPIRE_REPORTS=1” in CGIVARS.WFS, but I doubt that that would affect the behavior of maintain.
Any wizards out there who can help me solve this problem ?
Thanks,This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dave Ayers,
Oh, just remembered, did this for a customer and left it there - so I don't have it at hand right now.
- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007
Now that I put all the pieces together, and tested, something is wrong, and I can't see it...
Dave, Querystring's (everything behind the question mark) usually do not have quotes. For example the IBIF_cmd='MNTCON RUN ibfmdlfc'" portion should be IBIF_cmd=MNTCON RUN ibfmdlfc" and so forth however that should not make the function not work. I would really need to see how the function is called in the html to be able to really get to the source of the issue. The funtion itself works without error when called properly.....This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lucas,
Ok remove the TARGET="_blank" part. That is a problem. window.open will always open a new window and thus it has no impact, and I believe it will cause your querystring to not get passed on. Atleast that was the problem when I tested your code.