Focal Point
[CLOSED] point drilldown target of fex to a content panel in basic portal

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9707052496

August 27, 2020, 11:51 AM
ELockett
[CLOSED] point drilldown target of fex to a content panel in basic portal
I would like to use the NON-collaborative portal because I like the features. However, I have a case where I need to do a couple of things that I WAS able to do in a collaborative portal, but can't figure out if it is possible in the NON-collaborative portal. i have a report that has a column that contains "edit record"... when the user clicks it, it goes to an html screen (which receives the ID from the row that was clicked). This all works, BUT, I want that html screen to open up on one of the panels on the portal screen, not a new window. I was able to do this in the collaborative portal by referencing the target property in the drilldown and choosing the panel that I wanted it to be in, but here, I can't get it to work. Also, I want the new html content in the panel to be able to refresh one of the panels in the portals once the user types in data and presses submit. Again, not sure how to reference the panel in these portals. In App studio, I was just putting in the Panel name in a refreshReports javascript method. How do you call these panels?

I have 8.2.06 by the way

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

App Studio 8.2.03 Windows all formats
August 31, 2020, 11:08 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Elockett

Since no one has been able to provide any guidance I suggest you open a case with techsupport if you haven't already...

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats