Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     PDF: Image in Heading and space between Heading and Title

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
PDF: Image in Heading and space between Heading and Title
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
For PDF reports, if I have an image in the HEADING and also HEADING text lines, I have to add some blank lines at the top of the heading ("
Also, How do I reduce the space between the last heading text line and the Column Tile line? Is this another of those never been solved issues?

Thanks,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe the best thing IBI has given us to handle pdf formated reports is the composer.

Put your image in one spot, Heading text that does not change in a text field, and a report with no HEADING in another, and then move them around to increase / reduce the space between each to your hearts content.

Such as:

SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON
COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
UNITS=IN, $
SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='0.5^0.5^0.5^0.5^1', MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT, PAGESIZE=Letter,  $
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Page layout 1', text='Page layout 1', TOC-LEVEL=1, BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5, TOPMARGIN=0.5, METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=0.5,TOPMARGIN=0.5,LEFTMARGIN=0,RIGHTMARGIN=0,', $
COMPONENT='report1', TEXT='report1', TOC-LEVEL=2, POSITION=(0.707 2.190), DIMENSION=(7.292 3.850), METADATA='Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 0.707in; OVERFLOW: auto; WIDTH: 7.292in; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 2.19in; HEIGHT: 3.85in', $
OBJECT=IMAGE, NAME='image1', IMAGE=logo.jpg, POSITION=(0.729 0.625), DIMENSION=(2.604 0.969), METADATA='Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 0.729in; WIDTH: 2.604in; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0.625in; HEIGHT: 0.969in', $
OBJECT=STRING, NAME='text1', TEXT='<font face="ARIAL" size=10>Heading Text goes in here</font>', POSITION=(0.729 1.667), MARKUP=ON, WRAP=ON, DIMENSION=(7.083 0.417),  METADATA='', $
END
SET COMPONENT='report1'
-*component_type report
-INCLUDE bobbowle/app/car_test.fex
COMPOUND END

At one client we even used this to position the "borders" when they did not like pdf's redition of same. I believe you had another topic in this forum on the bizarre behavior of borders in pdf. I spent several WEEKS getting those lines to make PERFECT corners, but it got done.

Robert F. Bowley Jr.
Owner
TaRa Solutions, LLC

In WebFOCUS since 2001

Posts: 132 | Location: Gadsden, Al | Registered: July 22, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Robert,

Thanks for this - I'll keep this for reference. I was hoping I didn't have to resort to the Composer, but I suppose I should become more ambidextrous.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
 TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT 
     CAR.CARREC.MODEL
HEADING
"<CAR.ORIGIN.COUNTRY <+0>"
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD 
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
$
TYPE=DATA,
     TOPGAP=0.000000,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
     LINE=1,
     OBJECT=FIELD,
     ITEM=1,
     BACKCOLOR=RGB(205 205 205),
     BOTTOMGAP=0.000000,
$
ENDSTYLE
END 

With the use of topgap and bottom gap you won't. Also, the <+0> symbol separates items in the header. Especially useful with variables in the header.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs

Posts: 402 | Location: Upland, IN | Registered: June 08, 2012Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
This is how we do it. Haven't had any problemsSmiler

TYPE=REPORT,
     IMAGE=inside-top-logo.jpg,
     POSITION=(0.50000 0.25),
	 SIZE = (3.0625 0.50),
     ALT='KVCC Logo',
$

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
WebFOCUS AppStudio 8.1.05
Windows 7 Professional
IE 11 and Chrome Version 43.0.2357.124 m.
Mostly HTML, PDF, Excel, and AHTML

Posts: 272 | Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: September 30, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
TYPE=HEADING, IMAGE=(IMG), POSITION=(0 -0.75), SIZE=(10.5 2), PRESERVERATIO=ON, $

Maybe using "REPORT" instead of HEADING makes a difference. For some reason I have to use a negative vertical position.

I'll test this soon.

I'd rather not change the TOPGAP in the DATA and the BOTTOMGAP in the HEADING as this affects all lines - I'd like to only do this for the last line of the heading and the first line of the data.

Thanks,

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
Yes, REPORT will assign the image to the location you specify on the report but not in the Heading. It will look like it is in the heading though.

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
Windows 7 Professional

Posts: 272 | Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: September 30, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
And the HEADING lines start after the bottom of the image?

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
No the image actually sits behind the heading.

I wish I knew how to post a screen shot here, I would send you one.

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
Windows 7 Professional

Expert
posted Hide Post
Click on the link above, Forum Rules, and search for "Post an Image"...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
Windows 7 Professional

Guru
posted Hide Post
http://tinypic.com/r/7klk/6

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
Windows 7 Professional

Guru
posted Hide Post
Well, not really what I wanted. I have seen others post their screen shot directly into the Focal Point post. At least you can see how the image assigned to the REPORT sits on the page with a header. And it depends on your position settings, you can move that image anywhere on the page. Hope it helps.

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
Windows 7 Professional

Expert
posted Hide Post
TinyPic provides code for the image location which should work in FocalPoint, note that it's not the URL to the page:
[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/7klk.jpg[/IMG]

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
An image based on a report column cannot be used in a REPORT image Confused

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:

An image based on a report column

What do you mean? How are you doing this?
The optimist in me says there has to be a way to do thisSmiler

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
Windows 7 Professional

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:
TinyPic provides code for the image location which should work in FocalPoint, note that it's not the URL to the page:
[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/7klk.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you for this!!

WebFOCUS Server 8.1.05
Windows 2008 Server
Windows 7 Professional

Expert
posted Hide Post
Francis, Can you demo this using the CAR file? I just had to ask Smiler

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post