Focal Point
[CASE-OPENED] Controlling vertical alignment of cell content in EXL2K output

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9727055995

March 01, 2011, 04:45 PM
j.gross
[CASE-OPENED] Controlling vertical alignment of cell content in EXL2K output
I have a multi-tab Excel report, produced using
SET COMPOUND=BYTOC

Is there a way to change the vertical alignment of all cell content from "bottom" to "middle"?

(WebFocus 7.1.6)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
March 16, 2011, 10:31 AM
Kerry
Hi Jack,

I check with our technicals and was suggested that, it looks like the alignment feature you want is ‘middle’.

It is not possible today, and there isn't an existing NFR for it either. It would be a reasonable NFR to have ALIGNMENT=bottom, middle, top
Along with the existing justification settings JUSTIFICATION= left,right, center.
This would make report that have wrapped columns easier to read.

If you would like to submit a New Feature Request (NFR), please open a case with Information Builders' Customer Support Services, by either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
March 16, 2011, 02:02 PM
j.gross
I did open a case.

My work-around was to use an Excel template with an auto_open() macro that applies this and other decorative touches.

I included a mechanism to prevent the macro from applying the changes more than once, so the user can save the report, and then open and close the saved workbook without getting a message about discarding changes.
August 09, 2011, 07:49 AM
Ian Dalton
Hi Jack,
I have the same problem as you. What is the technique to in setting up the template with the auto_open() macro ?
Assume it is relatively straightforward.
Regards,
Ian

August 15, 2011, 11:05 AM
j.gross
Ian --

Just noticed your post. Sorry for the delay.

If you still need help with this, send me a private message.

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05