Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Access Denied to Shared drive in 8205
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

[CLOSED] Access Denied to Shared drive in 8205
 Login/Join

posted
We have the following network drive mapped on our webfocus physical server. We are using s-webfocus account to access this drive on this server. s-webfocus is also a server admin.

S:\BANJOBS-PROD\ENR\FINAID\BATCH_PF_LOAD\batch_input

There are input files on this mapped drive that we can't access when running a fex on the client.

We getting an error:
(FOC32518) Access denied for the file

In edasprof we have it as
-SET &&SHARED = '\\ds.fordham.edu\DFS\Shared\BANJOBS-PROD\';

We recently upgraded from 8105 to 8205 and also upgraded our Operating System from 2008 to 2016.
This was working without any issues in 8105 and 2008 operating system environment.

Are there any settings that we are missing to adjust to the security/server-side?

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8205
OS Windows Server 2016

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Could be
- a user definition/security issue
- a map drive/folder/share security issue
- a WF Security center profile/user/group issue
- a fex security/publish issue
- a network security issue

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2297 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are having this same issue. We are in the process of upgrading from 8105 to 8206. We have 8206 installed in a test environment. It seems that I have replicated all permissions/security settings in our 8105 environment to our 8206 environment, but I am still getting "access denied for the file" when I run a flow to create a flat file on this shared drive. Please let me know if you find a solution.

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you haven't you need to open a case with techsupport and report this issue.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 1820 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post