Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     (SOLVED)don't need grand total on PDF letter

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
(SOLVED)don't need grand total on PDF letter
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
When I use the code below I get a grand total. either i need to do some thing besides recomputes or find a way to suppress the grand total that shows up on the last record.

Any Ideas?

thanks in advance Geoff

SET SQUEEZE = ON
SET PRINTPLUS = ON
DEFINE FILE HOLD_ATT3
SET_AOK/A20=IF HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.CNT_AOK EQ 0 THEN 'First AOK Required' ELSE IF HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.CNT_AOK GT 0 THEN 'Other';
END
TABLE FILE HOLD_ATT3
-* HERE IS THE MESSAGE
PRINT
HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.STVATTR_DESC AS 'AOK'
HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.SHRTRCE_SUBJ_CODE AS 'SUBJ'
HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.SHRTRCE_CRSE_NUMB AS 'NUM'
HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.SHRTRCE_CRSE_TITLE AS 'TITLE'
HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.SHRTRCE_CREDIT_HOURS AS 'HOURS'
COMPUTE MSG/A100 = IF HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.ID EQ LAST HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.ID AND HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.SHRTRCE_CREDIT_HOURS GE 30 THEN 'YES this student has 30 or more transfer hours and does not need to take a Liberal Learning Seminar' ELSE 'NO this student has less than 30 transfer hours and will need to take a Liberal Learning Seminar'; NOPRINT
BY LOWEST HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.ID NOPRINT
BY HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.SET_AOK NOPRINT

ON HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.ID PAGE-BREAK

ON HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.SET_AOK RECOMPUTE AS 'Total'

ON HOLD_ATT3.HOLD_ATT.ID RECOMPUTE AS 'Total-Articulated'

HEADING
"Student name:"Classification:"Evaluator: <+0>Fac. Advisor:<+0> "
"Courses Taken Satisfying Areas of Knowledge (AOK): Student has explored the following seven areas"
"of knowledge at least one time ( a 3 hour course or a combination of 2 and 1 hour courses) either in"
"courses they transferred or in courses they have taken at WSSU"
"If the AOK column is empty then the student SHATRNS record does not reflect any articulation with AOK"
FOOTING
""the first 30 hours of matriculation"
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Geoff Fish,

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML

Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you looked into ON TABLE NOTOTAL?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Francis I am not sure why except that something I text edited sorted itself out when reopening the painter the only change I can see is that

This works

And this doesn’t