Focal Point
[CLOSED] Dynamic date value in calendar - issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9747059196

November 08, 2019, 06:58 AM
subbu_088
[CLOSED] Dynamic date value in calendar - issue
Hi Team,

I tried to create / set a dynamic date value in calendar using prompt. But it is not taking up. Can you help me out? Below is the code

-SET &STARTDATE_YYMD = DATECVT(DATEADD(DATECVT(&YYMD, 'I8YYMD', 'YYMD'), 'M', '-1'), 'YYMD', 'I8YYMD');
-SET &STARTDATE_MONTH = LCWORD(10, CHGDAT('YYMD','MX', &STARTDATE_YYMD, 'A10'), 'A10');
-SET &STARTDATE_DAY = CHGDAT('YYMD','DX', &STARTDATE_YYMD, 'A2');
-SET &STARTDATE_YEAR = CHGDAT('YYMD','YYX', &STARTDATE_YYMD, 'A4');
-SET &STDT = TRUNCATE(&STARTDATE_MONTH) | ' ' | TRUNCATE(&STARTDATE_DAY) | ' ' | TRUNCATE(&STARTDATE_YEAR);

-SET &ENDDATE_YYMD = DATECVT(DATEADD(DATECVT(&YYMD, 'I8YYMD', 'YYMD'), 'D', '0'), 'YYMD', 'I8YYMD');
-SET &ENDDATE_MONTH = LCWORD(10, CHGDAT('YYMD','MX', &ENDDATE_YYMD, 'A10'), 'A10');
-SET &ENDDATE_DAY = CHGDAT('YYMD','DX', &ENDDATE_YYMD, 'A2');
-SET &ENDDATE_YEAR = CHGDAT('YYMD','YYX', &ENDDATE_YYMD, 'A4');
-SET &ENDDT = TRUNCATE(&ENDDATE_MONTH) | ' ' | TRUNCATE(&ENDDATE_DAY) | ' ' | TRUNCATE(&ENDDATE_YEAR);

-TYPE STARTDATE_YYMD &STARTDATE_YYMD
-TYPE STARTDATE_MONTH &STARTDATE_MONTH
-TYPE STARTDATE_DAY &STARTDATE_DAY
-TYPE STARTDATE_YEAR &STARTDATE_YEAR
-TYPE STDT &STDT

-TYPE ENDDATE_YYMD &ENDDATE_YYMD
-TYPE ENDDATE_MONTH &ENDDATE_MONTH
-TYPE ENDDATE_DAY &ENDDATE_DAY
-TYPE ENDDATE_YEAR &ENDDATE_YEAR
-TYPE ENDDT &ENDDT

-*-DEFAULT &STARTDATE='March 18 2018';
-*-DEFAULT &ENDDATE='April 17 2019';
-DEFAULT &STARTDATE = '&STDT.EVAL';
-DEFAULT &ENDDATE = '&ENDDT.EVAL';
PROMPT &STARTDATE.(|FORMAT=MDYY).StartDate:.QUOTEDSTRING;
-PROMPT &ENDDATE.(|FORMAT=MDYY).EndDate:.QUOTEDSTRING;

When you provide as a static value it is working however for dynamic it is not showing the value which calculated.

Below is the reference URL:
https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...source/resp_auto.htm

Calendar Control
The calendar control will display for parameters that are simple filters for a field that is a combination of YYMD date format with any of the supported modifiers. The date format must have all components (year, month, day). Date-Time field formats are not supported.

Responsive Autoprompt calendar control with default date
Note:

he default value is the current date.
The default value can be specified with an English month, two-digit day, and four-digit year. For example:
-DEFAULT &STARTDATE='January 01 2016';

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.6
Windows, All Outputs
November 08, 2019, 07:59 AM
Tony A
Do a search on "DEFAULT DYNAMIC VALUE" and you wil find that this has been discussed (many times) before.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
November 11, 2019, 01:43 AM
subbu_088
Hi Tony,
Thanks for the information. I could not find the solution for my query.

I want the date column to be displayed as a Calendar control.

Can you provide the exact URL ?
Thanks in advance.

WebFOCUS 8.6
Windows, All Outputs
November 11, 2019, 12:18 PM
FP Mod Chuck
subbu

In 8.2.06 when you are creating the html page with App Studio if you click on the calendar control and choose the settings tab, select Dynamic / Other and there is a check box for current start date. Select that and it will make that the default date when the page is run.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
November 12, 2019, 12:56 AM
subbu_088
Hi Chuck,

I am trying to populate or design the calendar control in Page Designer using PROMPT with dynamic values.
For that I am using the code (in my initial thread) to create dynamic date values.

When we provide the static value as below it is showing the correct values in Calendar control
-DEFAULT &STARTDATE='March 18 2018';

However, when I calculate the same dynamically using WebFOCUS SET command, it is populating the current date.

For the default set of date value in PROMPT to create a calendar control I refer the below URL.

https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...d9-9726-FC3291EDC48F

Kindly let me know if any queries.

Thanks
Subbu

WebFOCUS 8.6
Windows, All Outputs
November 12, 2019, 01:13 AM
subbu_088
quote:
Originally posted by subbu_088:
Hi Chuck,

I am trying to populate or design the calendar control in Page Designer using PROMPT with dynamic values.
For that I am using the code (in my initial thread) to create dynamic date values.

When we provide the static value as below it is showing the correct values in Calendar control
-DEFAULT &STARTDATE='March 18 2018';

However, when I calculate the same dynamically using WebFOCUS SET command, it is populating the current date.

For the default set of date value in PROMPT to create a calendar control I refer the below URL.

https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...source/resp_auto.htm

Calendar Control
The calendar control will display for parameters that are simple filters for a field that is a combination of YYMD date format with any of the supported modifiers. The date format must have all components (year, month, day). Date-Time field formats are not supported.

Responsive Autoprompt calendar control with default date
Note:

The default value is the current date.
The default value can be specified with an English month, two-digit day, and four-digit year. For example:
-DEFAULT &STARTDATE='January 01 2016';

Kindly let me know if any queries.

Thanks
Subbu

WebFOCUS 8.6
Windows, All Outputs
November 12, 2019, 09:21 AM
dbeagan
The link below is a post that describes how to get Designer to do the prompting. The last entry by Michele Brady has two other links with more information.

Default Parameters - Variables and Constants

WebFOCUS 8.2.06