Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] FLEX - Expanding nodes in a ibiTree component

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] FLEX - Expanding nodes in a ibiTree component
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have an example of how to automatically expand a tree that is created through the ibiTree component down to the second node? In the example below, I would like the tree to always open to the REPORT_CATEGORY branch.

<ibi:ibiTree  seturl="{rptfile.valueOf()}" id="rptlist" ibiTreeLabelField="REPORT_BUSINESS_AREA,REPORT_CATEGORY, REPORT_DISPLAY_NAME,REPORT_URL_ADDRESS" ibiShowLabelFolder="false">
<ibi:ibiUseColumns>REPORT_BUSINESS_AREA,REPORT_CATEGORY,REPORT_DISPLAY_NAME,REPORT_URL_ADDRESS</ibi:ibiUseColumns>
</ibi:ibiTree>

Any insight would be much appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: edarefsky,

WebFocus 7.6.6, Win2k, Excel, PDF, Flat files, XML, HTML, Flex 1.0.1

Posts: 7 | Location: Bloomfield, CT | Registered: October 24, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi edarefsky,

I passed this to internals and here is the reply: Per discussion with the PM, the simple answer is that, there is no way to do this via our ibi component properties. This will need to be implemented via ActionScripts. You may want to search the Adobe doc site for help as well.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kerry.

I actually opened a case with tech support and have sent them my mxml code and data file. Being new to Flex and action script, I did try a few things but didn't get anywhere.

Elyse

Posts: 7 | Location: Bloomfield, CT | Registered: October 24, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Here is an example. it opens all regions showing all the states, which are folders as well.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute" xmlns:ns1="*"
	 creationComplete="createComplete()">
	<mx:Script>
		<![CDATA[
			import mx.events.FlexEvent;
			import mx.controls.Alert;

private function createComplete():void
			{
				MainTree.addEventListener(mx.events.FlexEvent.UPDATE_COMPLETE,testExpand);
			}

private function testExpand(evt):void
			{
				if(MainTree.dataProvider != null)
				{
					var obj = MainTree.dataProvider;
					for(var i:int = 0; i < obj.length; ++i)
						this.MainTree.expandItem(obj[i],true);
					MainTree.removeEventListener(mx.events.FlexEvent.UPDATE_COMPLETE,testExpand);
				}  
			}
		]]>
	</mx:Script>
	<ns1:ibiCanvas right="0" left="0" top="0" bottom="0">
		<ns1:ibiTree width="221" left="10" top="10" bottom="10" id="MainTree" ibiShowLabelFolder="false" ibiTreeLabelField="REGION,ST,CITY" ibiUseColumns="REGION,ST,CITY">
			<ns1:seturl>http://xxxxxxxxxx/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=wfobj&IBIAPP_app=baseapp</ns1:seturl>
		</ns1:ibiTree>
	</ns1:ibiCanvas>
</mx:Application>

Hope this helps

Scott

posted Hide Post
Thanks - that worked like a charm. I was missing the eventlistener piece to get Flex to recognize my ExpandItem command.