Focal Point
[SOLVED] FLEX - help with combo box and chart

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/975102802

August 13, 2009, 09:42 AM
Luminita
[SOLVED] FLEX - help with combo box and chart
Hello,

I am trying to come up with a dahsboard similar to this: : http://demoswf.ibi.com/approot...demo/flexcharts.html. I started by creating a grid and populating it with an embedded xml file. I used the CAR file just for simplicity. So, in my combo box I have COUNTRY, CAR, MODEL, BODYTYPE. And then I created a chart, but I want to change the dataProvider for the chart when the selection for the combo changes. For example, show CAR and Sum.DEALER_COST, COUNTRY and Sum.DEALER_COST, depending on the item selected in the combo box.

I can’t figure out how to make the chart refresh after the selection changes… Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Luminita

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Luminita,

7.6.6 on AIX platform
Output: variety (Excel, HTML and PDF)
August 13, 2009, 11:32 AM
Darin Lee
First of all, you don't need to change the dataProvider. (Actually that isn't even possible - one chart has one dataProvider.

Second, that specific demo is a little misleading. There is a LOT of regular Flex Action script in it (as opposed to the WebFOCUS Flex stuff that gets added using the WF components). I would suggest you get the FlexCharts.mxml file that the demo uses in order to see how they are doing this. I can send you a copy of it if you need. Send an email to the address on my profile.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
August 17, 2009, 10:47 PM
TexasStingray
If you are using the ibi components then Darin is correct. If you are using the the FLEX Enable API and FLEX components then what you are asking for can be accomplished. For more info on the API look in the WebFOCUS FLEX Enable Manual.

Scott

Thank you Darin for your help, the sample code was what I needed to make progress.

Regards,
Luminita

7.6.6 on AIX platform
Output: variety (Excel, HTML and PDF)
Hi Luminita,

Can you please sample code that populates values dymanically in Combobox and List Box.
I am not able to get the values in List and Comboboxes. Please help by providing sample code

Thanks

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs