Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] HTML Input form

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] HTML Input form
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hello

This may be a HTML question but want to see if anyone could suggest on my need here.

I built a HTML input form with controls and when user selects his values and submits, those values store in a database as 1 record. Its working well. If user wants to enter another set of values (another record into database), he will run the HTML file again or resets the form and enters values. This is how its built for now.

I need suggestions on building a form like this. Assuming Region, State and City are 3 fields that go into database, and dash lines are text boxes, combo boxes or another input control, a form like this will help user to enter values and when hit Submit, values go into database as 5 records at one shot.

Region    State   City

------    ------  -----------

Submit

Please suggest.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Enigma006,

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Since you already made it for 1 set of record. It will be easy to do for more than 1 rows. You need to name the text box as region_1, region_2, region_3, similarly for state state_1, state_2 and state_3, for city city_1, city_2 and city_3. On submit ensure all these 9 variables reach WebFOCUS. Then use loop to read these variables and insert into DB one by one.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ram

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
<FreSte>
posted
Ram,

There is no need to give all row-elements an unique name; just assign for each region, state and city the same name per row and these variables will be index'd variables in WebFOCUS, see this post

-Fred-

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Good one. thanks for sharing FreSte.

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FreSte:
Ram,

There is no need to give all row-elements an unique name; just assign for each region, state and city the same name per row and these variables will be index'd variables in WebFOCUS, see this post

-Fred-

Hello Fred

I just tried your example. Variables are getting read into amper variables ending 1,2,3 etc. which is good.
I also made changes to my MODIFY statement and this is working good. Thank u

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Enigma006,

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Enigma - Are you using this as a way to build / maintain databases using MODIFY ? It's an interesting concept that I might like to explore, although we do have a MAINTAIN licence that should do it easier ....

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post