Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Calendar control does work!!

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Calendar control does work!!
 Login/Join

<catelinw>
posted
I try to use a calendar cotrol on my report that allow users to input any date they want,but for some reason, after I click on the calendar , pick a date, click on the submit button , the page starts hanging there , forever.......

What is wrong, is this a bug? I am in managed reporting area,I even used bothe exising procedure and manully created the procedure. and I could make the calendar work correct at the project area.

Report This Post
<catelinw>
posted
My calendar control doesn't work. sorry.

Report This Post
<Isaac>
posted
Wish I had an answer - but I can confirm that calendar controls at my site have the same problem.

Isaac

Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
May I ask how you add the calendar controls to the HTML page?

If it's in WebFOCUS Maintain, may I suggest mentioning that in the subject line of your post?

Report This Post
<catelinw>
posted
I created this in 2 ways. all in managed reporting area.

1.from scratch, I made a new procedure in resource layout painter-->insert-->new report--->where/if tab to have a variable parameter to ask for a date input , I shoed a calendar allo users to pick a date.

2. Import a existing procedure with date variable parameter already there, changed it to a calendar.

Both ways did not work. but if I change the date input to TEXT BOX control type which allow me to type in a date in certain format'01/01/2005', report worked.

Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
What I don't get is, how do you add a calendar control? It's not an entity in Developer Studio. Is it something you coded?

Report This Post
<catelinw>
posted
When you have a date variable parameter,on the right side you can see a parameter window, it has a control type with list of options,one of them is calendar, which is the one did not work.

Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
WebFOCUS 5.3.3?

I cannot find this functionality in 5.3.2

Report This Post
<catelinw>
posted

Webfocus enviroment---> managed reporting--->domains--->standard reports--->group name --> new procedure in resource layout painter

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
It sounds like there's a disconnect between the the properties of the Calendar "widget" and the underlying data source.

When you use the Calendar function within the Layout tool, the field in the MASTER file must match the format used in the Layout Tool.

Right click the Calendar parameter, choose Calendar properties. You will have several options to choose from (although I am not familiar with all of them).

I typically choose "Static", and make sure to choose valid starting and ending date ranges.

Hope this helps.

<catelinw>
posted
I tried your suggestion, it still did not work,

my date in database looked like this
2005-02-10 15:50:02.000
what format i should use, have you ever made calendar work on your reports?

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I have successfully created several reports with the calendar parameter. I am still thinking that there is something between how the parameter works and your data.

Unfortunately, I am not a calendar expert. I would suggest that you open a HOTTRACK case with IBI tech support to help resolve your issue.

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
I have nothing to contribute, except to say that I have not yet found the calendar thingy in Dev Studio.

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Pietero, the calendar parameter was introduced in 5.32 and is accessible in the Resource Layout Tool.

So in your FEX you have some date parameter, i.e. WHERE ( PLANTLNG EQ '&PLANT' );

When you either:
a) Import the FEX into the Layout Tool or
b) Add a button that calls the FEX

you can then highlight the parameter and change it to: radio button, check box, calendar, etc.

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Thank you! I've never seen that before.

Interestingly, when I import a fex into Resource Layout and then run it, the calendar icon does not display. When I create a button that executes an external report, then the calendar works.

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ahh - the elusive "the icon does not show up".

There was a known issue with layering (depending on how many "objects" are on the page, the calendar icon would disappear.

I had not heard about import vs. button causing same behavior. I suggest opening a case for that ASAP as the next release of Dev Studio is around the corner.