Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] IE 8 Scripting Problems

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] IE 8 Scripting Problems
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I recently upgraded my local machine to IE 8 and am running Dev Studio 7.7. When I execute a report from Dev Studio, I get the error:

Internet Explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-site scripting. Click here for more information.

I followed the instructions per the information:

To stop the Information bar from blocking file and software downloads

Open Internet Explorer.
Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Security tab, and then click Custom level.
Do one or both of the following:
To turn off the Information bar for file downloads, scroll to the Downloads section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting for file downloads, click Enable.
To turn off the Information bar for ActiveX controls, scroll to the ActiveX controls and plug-ins section of the list, and then, under Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, click Enable.
Click OK, click Yes to confirm that you want to make the change, and then click OK again.

This does not solve the problem. What can I do to get this to run and display output?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 118 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: January 16, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Laurie,
I believe 7.6.10 is the first release that is "certified"/"compatible" with IE8. IE8 and a version less than 7.6.10 will be buggy. ex. If you try to build an HTML launch page, add a button to link to a report, the javascript for that button click event doesn't seem to get added in the code behind (if you are working within the GUI screen) but add a hyperlink to the same report and the hyperlink will work. There are other issues that IE8 will cause you if you are not using 7.6.10...

WebFOCUS 7.6.9

Reporting client Windows 2003 Service pack 2 using IIS and TomCat 5.5
Reporting Server OS/400 V5R4M0
Outputs: HTML, Excel, PDF, CSV, and Flat Files

Posts: 130 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
After installing IE8, we had to do the following:

Excel Display Options:

IE
  -Tools; - Internet Options; - Security
  - Custom Level; - Downloads;
  - Auto prompting for file downloads & File Download must be ENABLE.

Start Button
 - Explore; - Tools; - Folder Options;
 - File Types - XLS; Advanced - Uncheck Browse in Same Window

PDF Display Options:

Open Adobe
Under EDIT, click Preferences
Click Internet, UNCHECK Display PDF in Browser

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
You must also disable 'XSS Filter' under Tools, Internet Options, Security, Custom Level. Scroll down to 'Scripting' and under there you will find 'XSS Filter'.

WF 7.7.05
HP-UX - Reporting Server, Windows 2008 - Client, MSSQL 2008, FOCUS Databases, Flat Files
HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 149 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: June 08, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input, it is working now.

Posts: 118 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: January 16, 2008Report This Post