Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] change what a user sees when they log in?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] change what a user sees when they log in?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I'm sure it's possible to do this, and IBI's written a document for it, but I've had limited success finding it as I don't know what terms to search for. Wink

How can I change my dashboard so that users will see their "my view" as the first thing when they log in to the dashboard rather than the view I have set for their group?

thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jason, the text to search for is most likely "GoToPersonalViewOnLogin". It's a setting in bid-config.xml and has been around since v7.6.1 so it probably hasn't been discussed on FocalPoint. Try searching in Tech Support. I had a quick gander at the results and did not find the answer to your query, but if you dig deeper, you may. Good luck.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
jason, have you looked in the 3rd manual, 'creating applications'? that's where the db stuff is supposed to be, so they tell me.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
francis: thanks, that seems to work.
susannah, I'm sorry, I don't understand.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Jason, regarding "GoToPersonalViewOnLogin", would you mind posting the link if you found a document that helped? I'd be interested in reading it.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Jason, sorry if i was obtuse,
there are 4 basic manuals in the 'complete documentation set' (which you should buy, along with the webfocus keysheet one).
One of them is called 'Developing Reporting Applications..'
and its the one that is supposed to have all the howto's about Dashboard...according to Amanda, the IBI'er at Summit who gave the presentations on DashBoard, so that's the manual that should tell you how to customize and present different sets of dashboards default views to different user groups.
If i knew how, i'ld sure tell you, but I'm a dinosaur, so all i can do is point you to what i'm told is the right manual. Its downloadable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: susannah,

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Dinosaurs can point?

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
yes..
and we eventually turn into oil Smiler

<DocServices>
posted
Thanks to Susannah for suggesting the documentation.

There is also a new topic for 7.6.1 titled "Logging On to Dashboard and View Inheritance" in chapter 4, Managing Dashboard, in the Managed Reporting Administrator's Manual (DN4500809.0507). It explains everything about what views are available when you log in depending on the "GoToPersonalViewOnLogin" setting and whether you are logging in for the first time or not.

You can view and/or download this manual from the i-Base: The Technical Documentation Library.

If you have an InfoResponse ID, log on to the Tech Support Web site and then access i-Base. By logging in first, you can download the PDF file and/or view the HTMLHelp version.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jenn

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, GoToPersonalViewOnLogin is a binary setting, e.g., when it is on, it sends the user directly to My View, regardless of Group View associations that may exist. If the user wants to get at a Group View, they first have to log into My View, then choose a Views link to get a popup of Group Views. We much preferred a Menu for group views after they logged in, as was possible with some minor customization in 7.1.x, which we picked up on Focalpoint.

It was discovered that if GoToPersonalViewOnLogin was OFF, then it would throw the user to their Group View if ALL THEY HAD WAS ONE Group view association - but if the user has two or more group views associated with their login, then they get a menu with their group views and their My View below.

So we decided to implement with GoToPersonalViewOnLogin=OFF, so that we can serve three types of people: 1) Dashboard Run-only people that run strictly from a single group view - they go direct to their group view and can't break out. 2) Analytical users that have multiple group view associations and also the personal My View, they get a menu to chose from at login, we just make sure they have at least two or more group views. 3) Analytical users that don't use a group dashboard, they go directly to My View -- we accomplish this by setting up their account with two group views initially just to get at the menu, then activate the account on My View so it inherits the proper template, then take away the temp group associations so they go direct to their My View.

Cumbersome? Well, yeah, but that's what happens when the software interface changes on you (*cough* from 7.6.0 to 7.6.1) and you have to dance fast to make it work.

We sure hope it doesn't change drastically between 7.6.2->7.6.4, we need the new release for some nasty bug fixes and we can't take any more architectural changes on minor.minor releases....

Regards,

-- Dan

University of Nebraska at Omaha
Prod: WF 7.6.2 Linux BID/MRE/DataMigrator

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dan Kenny,

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Does anyone know how to :

-> Change the style of the default BI Dashboard signon ?
-> Change style of the group choice ?
-> Hide the "My view" option of the group choice ?

Any links to a page of a doc or any ideas are welcome...

Thanks

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 2008 srv
PMF 5.3.1 HF5