Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Stacked Bar Graph
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I am trying to do a Stacked Bar Graph with 3 fields. I want the Sum of each field to appear for EACH of it's section...but it adds them up bottem to top. Is there a way around this?
GRAPH FILE FGRAPH
HEADING CENTER
"Hourly Call Volume"
SUM ACDCALLS ABNCALLS VOICE
ACROSS TIME

ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VBRSTK1
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHEDIT SERVER
ON GRAPH SET BARNUMB ON
ON GRAPH SET 3D ON
ON GRAPH SET VZERO ON
ON GRAPH SET GRID ON

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Prarie,

Try clicking on the Properties Tab, then on the Settings Subtab. Place a check mark in the first box, "Show Data Values".

Is that what you're looking for?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I didn't post the rest of my Sytlesheet.
setDataTextDisplay (true);
setMarkerDisplay(true);

I'm getting Data Values...the problem is it adds them up. The first Value on the Stack is correct, the Second and Third are cumulative totals. I want each value on the stack to represent the Field.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I received similar results. I did notice that the values are represented on MouseOver, but they are still aggregated at top.

I was able to get the values to represent correctly by slightly modifying the graph layout (basically not using stacked).

I made one value of the Y axis a bar, another value a line. Not exactly what you are trying to do. If I find something, I will post. Sorry I couldn't help.

<JG>
posted
you need another API call which is - setStackedDataValueSum(false);

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
JC that was it! Thanks so much. Smiler
Denver Thanks for trying.

Is there any good resource to reference all these API calls?

<JG>
posted
If you look in the devstudio bin subdirectory there is an old version called JavaGraphAPI.pdf about 900 pages.
Or better still download the new 5.3 version from IBI's doc services wf53graph.pdf (DN4500605.0904) over 1300 pages

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was hoping for the Readers Digest Version.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
JG...do you Know how to move the data on the Bar?
It is printing on the top and some are over lapping.

Thanks.

<JG>
posted
yup.

setDataTextPosition(x);

where x is a value from 0 to 5 (0 is the default).

I would think either 3 , 4 or 5 would suit you.

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That worked Great. You are the Champ!

Expert
posted Hide Post
second that. JG stands for Java Guru !

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I too have created a stacked bar graph and using JG guru's setStackedDataValuesSum(false) worked like a charm, but now I need to increase the font size. Does anybody know any code or how or where I can go to get the "Show Data Value" to increase their font size?

WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2000

Posts: 45 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: February 17, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anybody know any code or how or where I can go to get the "Show Data Value" to increase their font size?;

Imagine what you can do when you do some research. Found my own answer.

setTextFormatPreset(getDataText (2), 5);
setTextFormatPreset(getDataText (1), 6);
setTextFormatPreset(getDataText (0), 2);
setDataTextDisplay (true);
setViewableSeries (3);
setDataTextPosition(5);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getDataText (1), true);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getDataText (2), true);
setFontSizeAbsolute(getDataText (0), true);
setFontSize(getDataText (2), 14);
setFontSize(getDataText (1), 14);
setFontSize(getDataText (0), 14);

WebFOCUS 7.1.3 on Win 2000

Posts: 45 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: February 17, 2005Report This Post