Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]how to set limits on the number of records retrieve?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]how to set limits on the number of records retrieve?
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

My objective is to limit number of records that user can retrieve from DB in report. Reason for doing this is to avoid user try to retrieve huge amount of record from DB without set any filter.

I read about this following page:
https://infocenter.information...ce%2FRECORDLIMIT.htm

and by using
 WHERE READLIMIT EQ n  
did the trick, but some user may not want to coding in their .fex. Therefore, is there a way to set limitation and force only certain amount of records can be retrieve? or better if to have this limitation setting apply for certain user as well?

*User mention is the one on WebFOCUS user.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nox,

WebFOCUS v8.2.06 , Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If I remember well DBA security setting in master file will allow you that

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
See: Describing Data With WebFOCUS Language Manual
Chapter on Data Source Security

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I read up about DBA, but what I understand in DBA section can set limitation base on a field or column value to print the result, but what I looking for is more like set only MAX of 1,000 records can be retrieve without base on any column. Or is it there a way can be done in DBA section? if yes, then please provide some coding or where I should look into?

Gold member
posted Hide Post
this is the poor man's Resource Governor solution:

DBA=STEVE, $
USER=TOM,ACCESS=R, $
USER=SWIFT,ACCESS=R,RESTRICT=VALUE,NAME=SYSTEM,VALUE=RECORDLIMIT EQ 10, $

SET USER=TOM will print everything; SET USER=SWIFT will only print the first ten records.

-* NOTE!! - READLIMIT and RECORDLIMIT work differently depending on whether you are using RELATIONAL or FOCUS files.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi sh98110,

your solution may be poor man's resource governor, but it get the job done, thank you all for your support.