Focal Point
[SOLVED]Getting server aborted message.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9787067286

June 15, 2016, 10:49 AM
NIrojKumar
[SOLVED]Getting server aborted message.
Hi All,
just want to know is there anyone who is facing the same issue that I am facing with the new version of WF 8.1.05.

Issue : many of my report I have developed in WF 7.7.03 version when migrated to newer version WF 8.1.05, most of my reports are getting failed with an error message "server Aborted". I tried running the same fex file in the older version and it is working fine.
I am not able to understand this weird behavior with the new version.

Is there someone, who can help me out in this regard and tell me how to solve this. Is it some issue with the new version or there is some problem in my end.

please help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
June 15, 2016, 05:01 PM
Waz
My initial thoughts is that you have code that is no longs valid due to code tightening.

I can only suggest that you comment out code until it works to drill down to the lines that are causing the issues.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

June 16, 2016, 11:47 AM
NIrojKumar
Hi Waz,

Thanks for your quick response. Iam doing that only. the only way is to debug it till I get it correct.

one quick question, is there any way to know what are the syntactical changes in WF 8.1.05 as compared to its previous version? Please advise.
quote:
Originally posted by Waz:
My initial thoughts is that you have code that is no longs valid due to code tightening.

I can only suggest that you comment out code until it works to drill down to the lines that are causing the issues.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
June 16, 2016, 12:36 PM
eric.woerle
one of the big changes between version 7 and 8 is the syntax for include files. You may need to re-write that syntax. I would check for that first. This also affected the include for style sheets.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2
June 16, 2016, 04:22 PM
Waz
From what I have seen, missing includes only produce messaged saying resource not found.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

June 17, 2016, 05:41 AM
Ruchika Gusain
The remediation is required after migration from WF 7 to 8, here are the common findings;

Report Issues
1)READ commands
Change from
-READ AP058SCA &YY.A2 &MM.A2 &DD.A2
to
-READ AP058SCA &YY.A2. &MM.A2. &DD.A2.

2)SET commands
Change to this
-SET MISSING=ON; ------------> SET MISSING = ON
-SET ASNAMES=ON; ------------> SET ASNAMES = ON
-SET EMPTYREPORT=ON; --------> SET EMPTYREPORT=ON
-SET ALL = ON -------------> SET ALL = ON

3)Multiple ending semicolons
4)–SET missing & or && references
5)PDF removing explicit GAP definition

HTML issues
1)Prefix “ibi_apps” in URLs referring WF repository
2)Above all there will be several alignment issues in HTML files which needs to be fixed manually.
3)The background color and the reference of the image will be lost, so you need to reference it again.
4)There will be several java script errors which needs to be replaced by new methods, sometime the old methods definition becomes obsolete.

WebFOCUS 7.7 , 8.0, 8.1
Windows 7
Excel, PDF, HTML
June 20, 2016, 02:20 AM
NIrojKumar
Thanks Everyone for providing your valuable inputs. I will take care of these changes while implementing in future.

Thanks a lot :-) :-)

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
June 20, 2016, 04:18 AM
Wep5622
quote:
Originally posted by Ruchika Gusain:
2)SET commands
Change to this
-SET MISSING=ON; ------------> SET MISSING = ON
-SET ASNAMES=ON; ------------> SET ASNAMES = ON
-SET EMPTYREPORT=ON; --------> SET EMPTYREPORT=ON
-SET ALL = ON -------------> SET ALL = ON

I'm surprised that has ever worked for you. Those SET's are not supposed to be Dialog Manager statements, yet you pass them to the Dialog Manager instead of the FOCUS interpreter.

Perhaps those statements weren't actually doing anything? They're still not doing anything in 8.1 though...

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :
June 20, 2016, 06:24 AM
Wep5622
More on topic, try to run your fexes with the following at the start:
-SET &ECHO = ALL;
SET ERROROUT = OFF
-RUN

I've found that ERROROUT = ON can cause agent crashes for incorrect code, which could explain the message you're seeing. On the opposite, with ERROROUT = OFF the code will continue when encountering errors, but it will at least print said errors in the messages.

That's assuming you're not using some external format such as PDF or XLSX, in which the messages are discarded.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :