Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How to set Vertical Position for across Column Titles in EXCEL.This is very urgent!

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to set Vertical Position for across Column Titles in EXCEL.This is very urgent!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I have read all the posts related to this topic posted in this forum.But most of them works well with html and I also agree that there are few posts for Excel reports as well. I tried the solution posted by Waz on November 16, 2008 and it works very well only if there is no across field.
My code actually looks something like this :
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM CNT.SEATS
BY COUNTRY AS 'Country'
BY CAR AS 'Car'
ACROSS MODEL AS 'Model'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END
I need to make my column titles to display vertically in excel output only based on an across column.
Could anyone please let me know how to do this?This is very urgent.Any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance!

webfocus 769,windows 7,html

Master
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Did you try HTMLFORMTYPE with css. This will solve. Check in this post.
Vertical Column Title

Thanks,
Ram

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
You can always use a template with an auto-open macro.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Aren't these diametrically opposed?

"column titles to display vertically . . . based on an across column."

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Thanks everyone for the response.
Iam making use of looping logic and hence cannot make use of HTMLFORMTYPE with css.
I have 2 table files - One for Excel OPEN and another for Excel CLOSE.

Please let me know if there are any other ways to do it without using HTMLFORMTYPE .

Thanks a lot!

webfocus 769,windows 7,html

Master
posted Hide Post
info4pals, like I said, use a template and an auto-open macro. There are numerous discussion about how to do that on this site. With your version of WebFOCUS, you will need access to Excel 2003 to build the .mht file.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi info4pals,

For issues that are urgent, you may also contact Information Builders’ Customer Support Services and open a case for assistance. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130 or access the online system at InfoResponse Online. Here is a list of information to have ready when you call: Before You Call InfoResponse Support.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kathryn

Report This Post