I have an HTML page (made in the Composer) that I migrated from 7703 to 8006, and now when I run it from app studio or MRE, there is an invisible InfoWindow being placed at the top left. Only the title can be seen, but the form controls are still covered. This hasn't happened in some similar HTML files that were migrated, just some.
The screenshot shows the size of the window after I've drag-selected in the page, and moved it down a little bit.
Why is this thing popping up? There's no maps, and no custom code that would create this as far as I know.
This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,
What browser and version are you using after migrating? Is it the same as before migrating?
Yes, they're the same: IE8 and Chrome, but it shows up when running from App studio as well. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to why it showed up on some forms and not on others that were nearly identical, and the fix in one case (attaching a correct style sheet) didn't help in another.
I'm also seeing that some settings on the form, for instance the background-image property, stubbornly refuses to be removed, and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with migrating to 8, but no matter how many times I clear that property and save the file, when I reopen it, the property is back. I've noticed other instances of code not being cleared or reset properly in the HTML even before we migrated (for instance when dealing with parameters), and have noticed that other users have seen the same thing as well, even to the point of saying to use the HTML Composer only if you're going to get it right on the first try.
I think my only recourse on this is to edit the HTML file itself in Dev Studio or MRE, since App Studio doesn't show the HTML.
I tested this but wasn't able to reproduce it with the sample files in our environment here. Since you indicated that this only occurs on some of the HTML forms, please open a case on InfoResponse Online so that we can work with you on this issue.
Thanks and regards,
After several months of not seeing this, it has popped up again.
Here's what I did to see this (using App Studio):
Now the text "InfoWindow" appears on the top right of the browser window, and I can drag it to another place, but I don't know how it got there in the first place. I don't see it in the Composer itself.
I'm not having any of the tasks for the hyperlinks use an InfoWindow as the target; in fact they're all set to BI Portal Widget.
What is going on here?
So I closed the HTML file and reopened and ran it again, and now the InfoWindow is gone. However, it still shows up on my portal, despite deleting the content from the page and re-adding this link file. This is completely inscrutable.
We had same issue. I even opend case with IBI but they where not able to track down the issue. In our case I was able to debug it do fact that we replaced the AppStudio/WFClient default composer stylesheet. So we hade same symptoms as you stated. So after clean installation to AppStudio and turning back all the stylesheet files it seemed ok. So now we are adding custom stylesheet manually to every HTML inside AppStudio.
Release: WebFOCUS 8104, AppStudio: 8105
Output: HTML,Excel,Active Reports
We did not certify App Studio to work with IE 8 and that is probably an issue with the browser. But you mentioned Chrome as well so not sure. We can try to set the z-index for the Info Window frame to send it to the back. If you cannot get it to work, please open a case in Tech Support.
WebFOCUS 8103, Windows, App Studio
|Powered by Social Strata|