Focal Point
[SOLVED] HTML Composer - Need To Add New Form and then Add Current Controls.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9817090276

August 07, 2014, 02:32 PM
David Briars
[SOLVED] HTML Composer - Need To Add New Form and then Add Current Controls.
I have a HTML Composer page that has five controls.

I now want to add a reset button.

To reset controls I believe I would need to have the controls on a form.

Problem: My page has no form, just controls.

When I go to add a form, I can postion the controls within the form through the designer.

However, when I look at the properties tab hierarchical drop-down list of objects, the current controls do not display under the new form.

How do I create a new form, and have existing controls, roll subordinate to the new form?

(The controls are the only items on the page currently. This HTML Composer page sits in a WF 8 BIP panel, and the panel then updates the other [report] panels.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster
August 08, 2014, 02:18 AM
Dave
David,

when dragging the controls on the form nothing happens. The controls are just in a different position.

If you want to add the controle to the form press ALT while dragging ( dropping ) them in the form.

The form will get a blue border while you do this.

Good luck,
Dave

August 08, 2014, 08:32 AM
J
You don't necessarily need a form. I have several htm pages with reset buttons that work without forms.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03/8.0.08
Dev Studio 7.7.03/8.0.08
App Studio 8.0.08
Windows 7
ALL Outputs
August 08, 2014, 11:01 AM
David Briars
Thank you for your thoughts, J. I do see now that my reset functionality works AOK, with my page as it is, once I went ahead and tried it.
August 22, 2014, 06:20 PM
David Briars
Dave, belatedly, thanks.

Indeed, pressing/holding the ALT key, and then dragging/dropping the control into the form works.