Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved]Developer Studio integration with Siteminder

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved]Developer Studio integration with Siteminder
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
Hi,

I just finish implementing the Trusted Authentication using siteminder. Users now Authenticate to our portal and from there they can connect to MRE without re-entering thir credentials.
Now i wanted to use Dev Studio to access my server which is protected by siteminder but i am getting the following error:
webserver is not accessible
1/ The host name is correct i am able to ping and receive a reply.
2/ The siteminder server is located on another machine
3/The logon resource is:
HTTPS://portlogin.guardian.com...gent/forms/login.fcc
4/ The target is:

HTTP://webfocushostname/ibi_html/index.html

Any idea about what could be the cause?

Regards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Majid Jeddi,

Posts: 273 | Location: Europe | Registered: May 31, 2007Report This Post
<JG>
posted
You should get all the info you need from this tech memo

Netegrity SiteMinder Integration With WebFOCUS Version 5 Release 3 and Higher

I do not think there is a later version

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi JG,

Without that document i would not be able to configure MRE with siteminder.
I read also the section about dev studio but still unable to register my server.

Regards

WebFocus 7.6.5
AND WebLogic server as web server
sql2005 as database server

<JG>
posted
Majid,

Which authentication method are you using Basic, HTML or NTLM.

If it's HTML or NTLM you may need to create a custom template

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi

i am using Basic but the documentation says that we have to choose Siteminder from the drop down list

Regards.

WebFocus 7.6.5

<JG>
posted
No.

If you are using Basic then that is what you should select from the drop down list.

Make sure that your host name and port are pointing to the Siteminder server url and port not your original WebFocus installation if that was different

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Thanks for your help.
The issue was due to the SMAGENTNAME having the wrong value.

Regards

WebFocus 7.6.5

Guru
posted Hide Post
Majid,

Question for you about authentication. We have SiteMinder configured, but I have noticed a difference between our old 714 environment and 768. In 768 I get prompted to log into the Administration Console where 714 I do not. Is there an extra setting that needs to be changed.

Is this the same in your environment?

Thanks,

Matt

WebFOCUS 8.1.05