Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Change Postion of field

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Change Postion of field
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
This works for a Subfoot
TYPE=SUBFOOT, LINE=1, OBJECT=FIELD, ITEM=9, POSITION=DUEDATE,COLOR=PINK,WHEN=REDATE EQ 'N/A',$

I need to move the position of a field in the report and the above does not seem to work with a Report Field. How do you move a field with a when...within the report statment.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
How can you expect to change the position of a report column based on the value of a row element?

Each row could have a different value for that column.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Ok...

What I have is a HYYMDIA date. The user(who has it this way in a crystal report), wants it to read 'N/A' When there is no date. No setting NODATA='N/A' Does not work. I do not know how to make the HYYMDIA into an Alpha field so I can make into a define to screen for
no date. Anyone?

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Prarie,

SET NODATA doesn't work for you? How is your data coming over, does it contain nulls?

The following snippet works OK, perhaps the datetime field isnot really an HYYMDIA?

SET NODATA = 'N/A'
TABLE FILE CAR
  PRINT SEATS
        COMPUTE ANYTIME/HYYMDIA MISSING ON = IF COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND' THEN DT(20000101 09:00AM) ELSE MISSING;
     BY COUNTRY
     BY CAR
END
-RUN

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony..I'll try that,
but in the mean time my co-worker Jerry...came up with the following
Close_Date_Time/HYYMDIA = CLOSE_DATE___TIME;
CDT0/A20=HCNVRT(Close_Date_Time, '(HYYMDIA)', 20, 'A20');
CDT1/A10=EDIT(CDT0,'9999999999');
CDT2/A8=EDIT(CDT0,'$$$$$$$$$$$99999999');
NEWALPHA2/A20=IF CDT0 EQ ' ' THEN 'N/A' ELSE CDT0;

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Did the new define get your style sheet command working properly?

Using POSITION=fieldname works for use when positioning elements in a TABFOOTING or HEADING... We have reports using when OBJECT=TEXT and when OBJECT=FIELD...

Posts: 118 | Location: DC | Registered: May 13, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
No - The define took away the need to do it in the Style sheet. Yes moving the position with your method works in Tabs, Footings,SubHeads,SubFoots. I was trying to move something within the report.