Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Where are you from, who do you work for?
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Where are you from, who do you work for?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
limit replies to a release of WebFOCUS

Agreed.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
what is the alternate meaning of life?

Or is it 24 Legacy ??

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
<Emily McAllister>
posted
quote:

As for IBI help on their website, one nice addition would be the ability to limit replies to a release of WebFOCUS. If I am looking for something in 8.1.05, I really don't want answers back to version 4.5.

Hello jgelona,

I was about to mention that you can filter results in the search to only those published within specific years, but then I checked it in a customer account and discovered that this is only available to Technical Support Representatives, and not an option for customers.

I use that filter to do exactly that, and I'm really surprised that's restricted to internal IBI accounts. I agree that it's very useful to filter by release, so I'll forward that to our Technical Content people and see if that can be made available to everyone Smiler

In the meantime, adding the release number to your search terms does help a lot as well in filtering out content, particularly manuals, that aren't relevant to your release.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Emily McAllister
Focal Point Moderator

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Emily, I'll be surprised if your request will be acted upon in a timely manner - we have had to deal with this for over 20 years. Meanwhile, what format should we use for the "release number"? Is "8.1.05M" good, or should it be "8105M"?

Thanks,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:
I will shortly be asking a few newbie questions about App Studio 8.1.05M...

I finally needed to get onto it. Frowner

"where the **** are the joins..."
"how the **** do you organize the components..."

Imagine my joy getting car and country onto a report Big Grin

Cheers,
H.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Oracle 11g - DB2
RedHat

Posts: 115 | Location: Brighton UK | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Self-taught here too. I started sometime in 1999 with FOCUS Six and those "two big red books"... there must have been a few more, but I carried the language reference with me like it was the family bible.

I've done some magic with FOCUS language, more in the backend realm than in the "eyecandy" department. Which now in a sense might help as I'm just getting frustrated "learning AppStudio" and not "unlearning DevStudio" Razzer

Cheers,
H.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Oracle 11g - DB2
RedHat

Posts: 115 | Location: Brighton UK | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I agree with everyone. I had a co-worker that always asked me questions, so I started asking that person if they change the manual and focal point. I can tell someone how to do something but if you have them research the answer and test it they will learn it and quit bothering everyone else. Focal Point is not a free hands on training center.

Scott

Expert
posted Hide Post

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

posted Hide Post
I use these forums for inspiration, questions and a chuckle every now and again. I've been lurking here since 2006 and find this a invaluable tool with some of the smartest most creative people!!
I too get a wee bit agitated when I see people ask questions that would lead me to believe they have given no effort to come up with a solution themselves and can be answered with "Press F1".

I would not like a voters forum, I feel it would encourage the same problems this thread was sparked from. I would LOVE <3 <3 <3 a "REPORT" button. I realize the moderators are busy, I don't expect them to read "EVERY" post. It would be nice if we could 'help' them keep the boards clean.

~J

WF 8105M / Linux / All outputs all the time

~J
Prod: 8.2.03 | OS: AIX | Outputs: you name it...you got it
Dev: We don't need no stinkin dev box!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I may not understand a darn thing you say, but I will defend to the death your right to confuse me.

Posts: 6 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 01, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
a "REPORT" button

Well there is maintenance to the forum this week (I think).
You may get you wish.... Perhaps..... Hopefully...

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would LOVE <3 <3 <3 a "REPORT" button.

I think it would be "Run Deferred" button here...

Cheers,
H.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Oracle 11g - DB2
RedHat

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
And for anyone who needs to know something about the coding and what it means and how to use the syntax, consider purchasing the WebFOCUS Keysheet PDF and/or the Almost 1001 Ways to Work with Dates in WebFOCUS.

At least these two quick reference books can show what is available in a very concise, compact way --- Contact Vivian@aviter.com for information, etc.

Might help all the newbies and others who would like to know what is actually available in WebFOCUS --- You will be surprised!

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
a "REPORT" button

Actually, there is a "Report this Post " button. It is the yellow triangle in the lower right of any post.
It looks like this

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:
Would it be unfair for me to suggest that people identify themselves a little?

There seems to be a new crop of FocalPoint members that appear to be complete beginners that never have had training. We seem to be doing their jobs for them. I enjoy helping people that have tried to work out a problem themselves, but it appears the new members aren't trying very hard.

RTFM comes to mind.

[URL=Image and video hosting by TinyPic]Words of wisdom from a Wazeman[/URL]

Smiler

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post