Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     5.2.3 Installation Question - Multiple Environments on a Single machine
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

5.2.3 Installation Question - Multiple Environments on a Single machine
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Is there a limit to the number of environments you can set up on a single machine....... ?

Are there pitfalls to more than two environments...?

We were attempting to set up a Development, Quality and Production. The documentation talks about just two environments..........

Thanks for any and all comments

Posts: 132 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<WFUser>
posted
When installing the WebFOCUS Server just use different ports, install dir, and service name. For the client you will have virtual hosts on your web server and application server. There is a tech memo on IBI's web site that describes how to do this.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I have a tech memo.... it describes setting up two environments..... I'm having trouble getting my 5.2.3 installation up and running, and therefore trying to rule out the obvious problems. Thanks for the input......

Posts: 132 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post