Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved] WF8 and Macro Enabled Worksheets

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved] WF8 and Macro Enabled Worksheets
 Login/Join

Master
posted
We are having an issue with Macro enabled worksheets (.xlsm) that are generated with WebFOCUS.

The macros are named auto_open. The worksheet opens in Protected View which is fine. However, when the user clicks the Enable Editing (which should make the document trusted), the auto-open macro does not run. To run the macro, the user has to do it manually.

Anyone else come across this? The only solution I have found is to turn off Protected View and my data security people don't like that solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jgelona,

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi jgelona,

I turned off the protected view & tried by having .xlsm/.xltm(newly created in MS 2013) template file types in server, but macros ain't getting executed automatically even after clicking the Enable content. Have to run manually.My VB codes are in Module1 which should execute after enabling the content. Am i right?

I've the xlsm/xltm settings in mime.wfs as "NO" for redirect & Save_Report. Is that fine?

Have also seen in the documentation, EXL07 - 7702 & higher doesn't support templates with macros. How to execute newly created macros then?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rifaz,

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Rifaz, we skipped 7.7 but I'm on 8.0.07 as well and they work just fine. I did set xlsm/xltm settings in mime.wfs as "NO" for redirect & Save_Report and they now work.

If Protected View is on, the sheet opens in protected view. When the user clicks Enable Editing the auto_run macro now runs.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post