Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] How to identify whether a report was executed by ReportCaster

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] How to identify whether a report was executed by ReportCaster
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I have a self-service report here for which some code should not be executed when it gets called by ReportCaster.

Is there some way to identify that RC is calling the fex as opposed to a normal user?

We could add an execution parameter in the RC schedule, but that's prone to forgetting to do so. I'm looking for a reliable way to detect that RC is executing the current fex.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I wonder if you can add a var to the FEX like &REPORTMODE

When run manually, set it to 'NOTORC' and in the RC set up, set that value to 'RC'.

When the code executes, -IF &REPORTMODE EQ 'RC' THEN GOTO :SKIPTHECODE;

Would that work?

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
That is exactly what I was referring to in the 3rd paragraph. That does work, but it's too easy to forget to apply such parameters after deploying a report to a different server with a different RC environment.

I was kind of hoping that RC would be running from an environment where some parameters could be set to distinguish between those modes of operation.

I'm starting to think that we may be able to set a global variable in a "User Profile", provided we can figure out as which user RC is running and provided that the user profile does get applied from RC.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
WebFOCUS automatically set &FOCFOCEXEC to RCASTER when running thru RC.

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.06/08 DS/AS
WebFOCUS RS 8.0.08 (Linux/IBM i)
WebFOCUS Client 8.0.06 (Linux)

Posts: 319 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: February 04, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Another way to put my question:

How do we determine whether a report is running in interactive mode or not?

Guru
posted Hide Post
Running interactively, you get the name of your procedure in that variable, otherwise you can make a negative test, i.e. NE 'RCASTER'

WebFOCUS DS 8.0.06/08 DS/AS
WebFOCUS RS 8.0.08 (Linux/IBM i)
WebFOCUS Client 8.0.06 (Linux)

Posts: 319 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: February 04, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
You'll still have to remember to write somekind of condition to SKIPCODE or not. Could be an -INCLUDE. But still something to remember.

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL

Posts: 291 | Location: Greater Cincinnati  | Registered: May 11, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H Lidholm:
Running interactively, you get the name of your procedure in that variable, otherwise you can make a negative test, i.e. NE 'RCASTER'

Sorry, I hadn't seen your reply yet when I realised how to rephrase my question. That's a useful answer, thanks!

quote:
You'll still have to remember to write somekind of condition to SKIPCODE or not. Could be an -INCLUDE. But still something to remember.

Lucky for us, the code that we need to skip is already part of a conditional -INCLUDE.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If running a fex via RC, you can refer to variables &DSTOWNER and &DSTEDAUSER which are set and thus indicate that the fex is running via RC and not MRE.

Posts: 196 | Location: London, UK | Registered: December 06, 2005Report This Post