Focal Point
[CLOSED]post-processing procedure in ReportCaster for an .exe

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9857046376

November 21, 2014, 06:54 PM
B
[CLOSED]post-processing procedure in ReportCaster for an .exe
Hello- is it possible to call an .exe with a post-processing procedure in order to place(to distribute) a file (report) on an external server? It would be really nice to run the report daily and be able to transfer it (SFTP) to the appropriate server.
we are testing with WebFOCUS 8.0.08 and ReportCaster

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B,

now WF8 Release 8.2.01M, Windows 2012 now in Production
November 22, 2014, 03:34 PM
jgelona
Yes. Create a fex. In the fex have the OS execute your command. For example, we are Linux, say I have a script named do_sftp1.sh to execute an sftp. My fex named do_sftp1.fex would look like this:

-UNIX . do_sftp1.sh

Then just put path/do_sftp1.fex as your post processing procedure

If you are windows you can just as easily use -DOS or -WIN to execute any valid os command or run an exe.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
November 23, 2014, 04:53 AM
Martin vK
Why not use the SFTP distribution that ReportCaster itself offers?

Martin.

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster
November 24, 2014, 09:02 AM
jgelona
Martin, if you are asking me, for serveral reason.
1. What RC offers is very limited. I can only send one file/report to one location. I usally have numerous files/report to send to multiple locations.
2. I've never been able to get it to work. The same sftp command that works perfectly in a script does not work if I set up Report Caster the way I think it should be. Since the script works, I've never persued my issue with IBI.
3. I use scp more than sftp

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.
December 01, 2014, 09:57 AM
B
Thank you jgelona and Martin for your suggestions! I'll try creating the .fex to call the export executable.

now WF8 Release 8.2.01M, Windows 2012 now in Production