Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Upgraded to v7.7.03 from v7.6.8 need help

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Upgraded to v7.7.03 from v7.6.8 need help
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
We just upgraded from v7.6.8 to v7.7.03. I was not involved in the upgrade. I have installed the new WF Dev Studio and added the new environments. Where can I find documentation or help on getting all of my apps, mre, views, etc. moved over and upgraded for the old environment to the new.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 7

Posts: 55 | Location: USA | Registered: November 02, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Were the apps, etc on the previous Developer Studio installation ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Yes, we had 7.6.8. We still have the 2003 servers and everything there. We did a new install of 7.7.03 on new 2008R2 servers. So I am not sure how to move/migrate everything to the new environment and/ or the steps to take.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 7

Expert
posted Hide Post
If this is for the WebFOCUS servers, then you will need to use the migrate utilities to get the apps etc to the new server.

Some possible helpful links

http://documentation.informati...g/source/migrate.htm

http://documentation.informati..._win_7703install.pdf

Here is a search facility that may help.
ecl.informationbuilders.com

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Project migrator says nothing about how to migrate 7.68 to 7.7.03. It discusses migrating from Version4. If I use the migrator to try to migrate I can connect to the location but it says "No projects available"
Does anyone know if I just copy from (server with v7.68) C:\ibi\apps\myprojects to (server with v7.7.03) C:\ibi\apps\myprojects

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 7

Expert
posted Hide Post
For the server apps, you should be able to, but as I don't have 7.7.x, I can't say for sure.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984