Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Answered] Question: Report From .ACX Files?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Answered] Question: Report From .ACX Files?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Can I report from the contents of all of my .acx files, stored within one particular app folder?

That is, if my .acx looks like this:
  SEGNAME=ALERT, TABLENAME=myschema.ALERT, CONNECTION=MYCONN, KEYS=3, $

Can I create a report that looks like this?

File  Table Name      CONNECTION
----- ----------      ----------
ALERT myschema.ALERT  MYCONN 

I searched and saw some threads regarding reporting from a MASTER file, but couldn't quite ascertain how to pull data from an ACCESS file.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Briars,

Pilot: WebFOCUS 8.2.06 Test: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Prod: WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Server: Windows Server 2016/Tomcat Standalone Workstation: Windows 10/IE11+Edge Database: Oracle 12c, Netezza, & MS SQL Server 2019 Output: AHTML/XLSX/HTML/PDF/JSCHART Tools: WFDS, Repository Content, BI Portal Designer & ReportCaster

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The content of an access file follows the rules for a comma-delimited data file.* The attributes can vary, depending on the SUFFIX in the Master file. To the best of my recollection, it always corresponds to a single-segment COM file.

If you set up a Master for a single-segment data file, covering every possible attribute (the NAME part of NAME=VALUE), it should be straightforward to filedef the access file and report its content.

Note that, in multiple-segment synonyms (e.g., cluster joins and business views), there can be multiple segments, and the filename may be absent from the text of the access file. So reporting on a whole library's worth of access files in a single TABLE FILE would take a little more doing.

---
*That used to be true of Master files as well, until DEFINE was introduced.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
get a list of them first

APP QUERY yourapp HOLD
TABLE FILE FOCAPPQ
PRINT *
IF FILENAME CONTAINS '.acx'

-*ON TABLE HOLD AS HHOLD FORMAT ALPHA
END

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I think your acx file should have the DB connection information and not the table/column names. so i am not sure what you are going to report from the access file.

Webfocus 7.1.6, Webfocus 7.7, Webfocus 8

Expert
posted Hide Post
Yes you can create that report.

Just use SYSTABLE.
This assumes that your masters and access files are in the path.

e.g.
TABLE FILE SYSTABLE
PRINT NAME
SERVER	 REALNAME
WHERE NAME EQ '{insert table name here}'
END

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thank you Waz and Susannah!

Putting your two code samples together, looks exactly like what I needed:
APP QUERY MYPATH HOLD
-RUN
DEFINE FILE FOCAPPQ
 MYNAME/A70 = GETTOK(FILENAME, 70, 1, '.', 70, MYNAME);
END
TABLE FILE FOCAPPQ
PRINT MYNAME
IF FILENAME CONTAINS '.acx'
ON TABLE SAVE AS FNAMES
END
-RUN
APP PATH MYPATH
TABLE FILE SYSTABLE
PRINT NAME     AS 'ACX File'
      REALNAME AS 'Relational Schema.Table Name'
      SERVER   AS 'Connection'
IF    NAME EQ (FNAMES)
END
-EXIT  

Expert
posted Hide Post
David,

This is great - I've made a copy of the code.

Unfortunately, this doesn't handle multiple-segment synonyms.

KEYCOLUMNS displays the correct number of keys in a multiple-segment synonym, but that's all it does for these types of acx files.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
glad we could help
#transhemispherical_fistbump! Big Grin

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
How to match the segment names and DB table names in the cluster join master (or multi-segment synonym)?

I have looked into all internal tables as well.

Any help?

WF 7.7.02 on Windows 7
Teradata
HTML,PDF,EXCEL,AHTML

Posts: 165 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

Any solution for the above mentioned issue?.

By Veeramani

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you need SEGMENT from the cluster masterfile you can use the column SEGNAME from SYSCOLUM table

webFOCUS 8206
Windows 10