Focal Point
[SOLVED] Create attributes to a level hierarchy

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9877003186

March 16, 2016, 11:59 AM
lalvarez13
[SOLVED] Create attributes to a level hierarchy
Hi.

We would like to know how to create attributes to a level hierarchy. We saw in the tutorials created by our WebFocus server, that some masters have the following presentation in the Dimension View:

Is there any configurable property in the master to get the folder "Attributtes" into a level hierarchy?

Thanks.

Regards,

Leonardo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lalvarez13,
March 16, 2016, 12:58 PM
Francis Mariani
I'm not sure how to do it (or explain how to do it) in the GUI Synonym Editor, but look in the documentation for the WITHIN attribute:

quote:
The WITHIN attribute enables drill up and drill down functionality on hierarchical dimensions. You can manipulate a report by selecting an OLAP-enabled field and drilling down to view other levels of a dimension hierarchy.

Documentation > Describing Data With WebFOCUS Language > Describing an Individual Field > Defining a Dimension: WITHIN

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
March 16, 2016, 05:04 PM
HarryLo
Bear in mind that there needs to be a binary relationship between the levels of the hierarchy. A child may only have one parent but a parent may have many children.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
March 16, 2016, 06:54 PM
lalvarez13
Is that necessary to create the Attributes folder into a level hierarchy? If I want to have a level called "Month", how could I add attributes to that level? I.E: Month name.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
March 30, 2016, 04:06 PM
lalvarez13
Solved. In the GUI Synonym Editor, Dimension View Panel, rigth click on a level hierarchy of a dimension and select the option "Show/Hide Attribute":

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,

Leonardo.