Focal Point
[CLOSED] IBI WebFOCUS Vs Tableau

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9877070196

January 30, 2019, 12:02 AM
Rifaz
[CLOSED] IBI WebFOCUS Vs Tableau
Hi,

I'd like to get some insights on IBI over Tableau product. Looking informations from end user (or) business perspective.

Would be really helpful if you share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Rifaz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x
January 30, 2019, 04:46 AM
Addy
Hi,
Have a look at
http://forums.informationbuild...1057331/m/7837020196

WF 8.2.04
Windows/Unix
All Formats
In Focus since 2006
January 30, 2019, 05:12 AM
Rifaz
Thanks Addy!

I have gone through this before raising the request here. I do not see much information, may be Doug has in its private inventory. I sent him a private message too. In fact, my expectation here is to hear from people use both and get the positive inputs on IBI/proper justification of WF to retain in the department, just trying to convince top-level & stakeholders. Without doing the much analysis, they're just following a crowd.

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x
January 30, 2019, 12:34 PM
Frans
convince top-level & stakeholders without doing much analysis.... Frowner

Test: WF 8.2
Prod: WF 8.2
DB: Progress, REST, IBM UniVerse/UniData, SQLServer, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Greenplum, Athena.
January 30, 2019, 08:49 PM
Rifaz
Our team supports IBI, OBIEE and Tableau to multiple business units. To avoid dependencies, we're forced to keep only OBIEE & Tableau which inturn we push the BU's to support on their own if they want to continue run their apps in IBI else migrate to OBIEE/Tableau. Perhaps, I did my analysis before starting my post & know the advantages over other tools, just would like to hear others opinions too. When it comes to Tableau, they're just comparing the visualization part with IBI omitting other components in WF. All they want to experience the jazzy things but we only know how hard is to massage/manipulate the datas.

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x