Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     HTMTable not saving properly

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HTMTable not saving properly
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hi,
I'm using compound html report, saving the output as HTMTable and displaying it using HTMLFORM. It was working fine with 523 version but when we upgrade to 533 it stopped working. Seems like it's not saving the HTMTABLE properly. Anybody faces this issue before or any idea to solve this. Please let me know.

Thanks
Kamesh

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
<Grzegorz>
posted
You could try to set WF_BURST_OUTPUT value to OFF (although I am not sure if it really helps).
Add the following line at the beginning of your report:
-TYPE WEBFOCUS CGIVAR WF_BURST_OUTPUT=OFF

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
It didn't work. And also I checked my cgivars.wfs, already I set that parameter to be OFF.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Kamesh, that's terrifying! i'm about to load 533.
so you're saying tht this syntax doesn't work?
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<!-- WEBFOCUS TABLE TAB1 -->
<!-- WEBFOCUS TABLE TAB2 -->
-HTMLFORM END

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Susannah,
It does work for regular html report. Having problem only when you are using compound html with looping. I'm displaying one by one using loop.

-Kamesh

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Kamesh,

When you say "Looping" do you mean using Dialog Manager to loop through some HTML?

You have to have -HTMLFORM BEGIN and -HTMLFORM END for all the non-Dialog Manager code in the HTML form.

[code]
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<TABLE>
<TR><TD>
!IBI.FIL.H001;
</TD>
</TR>
-HTMLFORM END

-* Some DM code here

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<TABLE>
<TR><TD>
!IBI.FIL.H002;
</TD>
</TR>
-HTMLFORM END

-* ETC...

Susannah,

Isn't WEBFOCUS TABLE old technology?

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<!-- WEBFOCUS TABLE TAB1 -->
<!-- WEBFOCUS TABLE TAB2 -->
-HTMLFORM END

I think it should be:

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.TAB1;
!IBI.FIL.TAB2;
-HTMLFORM END

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
life does not have to be so comlicated.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL BY CAR
ON TABLE HOLD AS XX FORMAT HTMLTABLE
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT DEALER_COST BY MODEL BY CAR
ON TABLE HOLD AS yy FORMAT HTMLTABLE
END
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
-INCLUDE xx.htm
-INCLUDE yy.htm
-HTMLFORM END

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
yes, it may be OLD technology, but i'm OLD. Big Grin
you're right, i'll use the bang syntax from now on, so as not to confuse folks.

Kamesh, i use loops as well, i produce a report that has hundreds of individual html reports, 6 per line, for 10 or more pages.
but there's only 1
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
and only 1
-HTMLFORM END
and all my printout looping is in between these two statements, i've saved all my reports as MYTABnnn where nnn are the page row and column number, then loop thru to write them out.
Are you doing the same? and you're saying it doesn't work? Yikes! Confused

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Susannah,
My report will look like this,

TABLE FILE TAB1
HEADING
"THIS IS MY SAMPLE REPORT"
PRINT
CNT NOPRINT
ON TABLE HOLD OUT1 FORMAT HTML
END
-RUN

-LOOPBCK
-READ SAVE &KY.I4.

TABLE FILE TAB2
HEADING
"TABLE ONE"
PRINT
FIELD1 AS ''
FIELD2 AS ''
WHERE FIELD3 EQ &KY
ON TABLE PCHOLD AS OUT2 FORMAT HTMTABLE
END
-RUN

TABLE FILE TAB2
HEADING
"TABLE ONE"
PRINT
FIELD1 AS ''
FIELD2 AS ''
WHERE FIELD3 NE &KY
ON TABLE PCHOLD AS OUT3 FORMAT HTMTABLE
END
-RUN

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<table>
!IBI.FIL.OUT2;
!IBI.FIL.OUT3;
</table>
-HTMLFORM END

-GOTO LOOPBACK;

TABLE FILE TAB3
PRINT
FIELD3
FIELD4
ON TABLE PCHOLD AS OUT4 FORMAT HTMTABLE
END
-RUN

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.OUT4;
-HTMLFORM END

-KAMESH

posted Hide Post
Hi KAMESH

Change PCHOLD for HOLD

Posts: 20 | Location: Girona (CAT) | Registered: November 30, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
tried PCHOLD instead of HOLD, it didn't work.

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
1) Maybe this is an error while typing your example, but your label is -LOOPBCK and your goto is -GOTO LOOPBACK. As well, no ; on a -GOTO.

2) How does the loop ever end? There's no IF statement after the -READ. Again, this may be just a quick example you typed.

3)<table> is not enough. If you want to place the report output beside each other, the code should be

<table><tr><br /><td>!IBI.FIL.OUT2;</td><br /><td>!IBI.FIL.OUT3;</td><br /></tr></table>
If you want to place the report output one below the other, the code should be

<table><br /><tr><td>!IBI.FIL.OUT2;</td></tr><br /><tr><td>!IBI.FIL.OUT3;</td></tr><br /></table>
Your -HTMLFORM BEGIN and END look all right.

If you don't mind, post the actual code.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
K, i think you need to have just ONE output area
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
dump all your tables here
-HTMLFORM END
Your first HOLD is FORMAT HMTL , rather than HTMTABLE. Is that because you have multiple-choice drilldowns? And i don't see where you display it.
In your Loop, you need to just MAKE your outtables and use a nomenclature to make OUTn1, OUTn2, where n is your loop value.
then repeat the loop inside your -HTMLFORM section to dump them all out. This works, I promise.

Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Pietro,
Q 1 & 2 - just typed it for example. Actual code has all those.

May be I will try the way you suggested.

Susannah,
Let me try the way Pietro tried as it didn't have much code change. If that didn't work, then I need to try the way you suggested.

Thanks for all your suggestions,

-Kamesh

Master
posted Hide Post
it's not working. When I try it run through webfocus console. It is running fine but when I run it through self service applications, it's not showing report.
These things happening only after we upgraded to 533. Do you guys know, is there any configuration setting is different in 533?

Expert
posted Hide Post
K,
keep it simple and do a simple report with 2 output tables in a single HTMLFORM.
Does that work? Let us know.
If not, there's a problem.

If so, then when you run your big report, crack open the output with a right click view source, and see what it says.

Master
posted Hide Post
simple report with 2 output tables are working. My reports works well with PDF format. Only with HTML format, I have this issue.

Looked on the view source, it acts strangely. Not processing full webfocus code. The html content starts in between the webfocus code.

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Would you mind posting the whole fex? Maybe there's a small, subtle, error that was OK for older versions of WF, but good for 5.3.3.

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
It's really a large fex and I dont think, it will fit here.

Master
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention that it is working fine when I run the report on webfocus console.
It is not working properly only when I run through self service applications using WFServlet.

<Joseph Coule>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Kamesh:
[qb] It's really a large fex and I dont think, it will fit here. [/qb]
Can you cut it down to a more manageable reproduction that still produces the error?

Report This Post
<Ed>
posted
hey

even i am facing with a similar problem...and even we upgraded to 5.3 recently.

I am getting the following error
(FOC350) ERROR WRITING OUTPUT FILE: DETRPT

DETRPT is defined as:
ON TABLE HOLD AS DETRPT FORMAT HTMTABLE

ne clues...as to wht cud be the problem?

thanks

-Ed

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
The error you are getting may be because of your file system is full. Check your log file directory on your server and clear the space.

Expert
posted Hide Post
here's an idea
run your selfserv with isapi, rather than servlet.(are you on win2k?)
i do.
never have java probs.
SET FOCEXURL = http://grwf01/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/webapi.dll
rather than
SET FOCEXURL = HTTP://grwf01/ibi_apps/WFServlet

Master
posted Hide Post
Yes I'm on Win2K.

The way you suggested, I dont think I can do that. Because our application standard is using WFServlet. All the Java program calling webfocus will use that link only.

<Ed>
posted
Space is not an issue.
here is what I observed:

when I run the report... the hold file is being generated in the edatemp directory...

I also was monitoring the agents continuously...and the agent stays in this command:
EXEC .9999 RU for a long time...with inuse status...and this is when the report hangs.

The report SQL is generating almost around 40000-50000 rows... Can that be a problem?

Also...do let me know...on some forum etiquette.
if I should open a new post. I am continuing in this post...as the error seems related...and both could benefit.

thanks

Ed

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Susannah,
I tried the way you suggested couple of days before.

Hold the htmtable by saying outn1....

and display it under one html tag.

This one also producing the same result. The problem I'm seeing, it's not allowing the webfocus code to process fully. If you see the viewsource, the html content interpreted in between the webfocus code.

-gk

Master
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Still this problem exists. Can anybody have any suggestion on it?

-gk

Expert
posted Hide Post
open a case with tech support and let them log on with you using REmote Assistant and see exactly what you're doing. Because we can't really tell.

Master
posted Hide Post
Already I did that. Still they are investigating the problem.

Susannah, I'm tried the way you suggested. Get all the tables and display it outside at once.

How we can give page-break on it?