Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Lost images in Launch pages and MAINTAIN

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Lost images in Launch pages and MAINTAIN
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is there a setting in WF that turns images off ? These images appear the "little red x" similar to a broken link.

I've all of a sudden lost the images that I had previously installed and subsequently viewed successfully.

I've checked IE's option to display images on webpages, and images are not disabled, and all other (non-WF) images are visible as usual.

I sent the entire project to a colleague, who simply copied my MAINTAIN code to the same folder name on his computer, and it works fine, and all the images appear perfectly. Just not on my Win XP PC.

Is there a setting in WF that turns images off ?
How could I have accidentally disabled them ?
I've re-started WF, and re-booted the computer as well) and tried again several times (for the past several days) but the images still refuse to appear.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance for any insight !

WF 7.6.4 & 5.3
Charles Lee

Master
posted Hide Post
Charles
In IE, under Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Multimedia, there IS a Show Pictures check box. Could you have unchecked that?

In the Maintain application, when you see the image place holder, right-click and grab the properties. Do they look correct? If you place that URL in the search bar of the browser, the image should display. Otherwise, maybe when you deploy the path is getting corrupt.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark,

Yes, the entire project when ported to another machine, works fine with images where they should be in the project's folder.

The broken image link's properies shows :
http://localhost:8080/approot/fanclub/webfocus1.gif

which equates to this FQN :
c:\ibi\apps\fanclub\webfocus1.gif

So, it looks like the paths to the files are not corrupted. (They work on other machines, just not on mine.)

Also, the IE option that I mentioned above.shows that pictures are enabled, and all images are visible on pages EXCEPT on WF-based HTML (WF "Launch" and MAINTAIN forms).

So, there's something I can't find in WF that has turned them off.

I could send you my files, and they would work on your machine, just not on mine.
What gives ?

Thanks again,

WF 7.6.4 & 5.3
Charles Lee

Master
posted Hide Post
Charles
One more thing to check. Tomcat MAY be case sensative. In the paths that you posted EVERYTHING is in lower case. Check the names of your apps and fanclub folders. Are they in lower case as well? If not, see if you can rename them.

Does the image appear if you place http://localhost:8080/approot/fanclub/webfocus1.gif directly into the address bar?

Mark

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Mark,

When I enter :
http://localhost:8080/approot/fanclub/webfocus1.gif

I get this error :
HTTP Status 404 - /approot/fanclub/webfocus1.gif

The image file is located here :
c:\ibi\apps\fanclub\webfocus1.gif

and if I enter that as the address, it opens the file.

Images are the only files that fail (all of which use http://localhost:8080/approot = C:\ibi\apps)

I used the MAINTAIN tutorial to test, to make sure I wasn't missing something, and sent ALL of the files to someone else to test them, who can see the images fine.

This is really bugging me since I want to use images as hotlinks on pages, and I can't even SEE them !

Thanks for looking !

WF 7.6.4 & 5.3
Charles Lee

Expert
posted Hide Post
Is the approot alias defined on your localhost http server?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ginny,

This application worked fine for a short time, and as far as I know, I did not change any settings.
Images just stopped working.

If APPROOT was ill-defined (or lost it setting), would I be able to find anything else ?

The project finds all other files, so I'm thiking WF has a setting similar to IE's "Show Pictures" setting (which is set to "Show" and I see pix on other web pages fine.)

WF 7.6.4 & 5.3
Charles Lee

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Charlz,

If you enter the http address, it results in http 404 - not found.
If you enter the disk address - no problem.
This can only mean one thing imho, and that is that you do not have permission to view the resource when going through a anonymous way of getting to the resuorce.
Please check to see if the security for your approot (and underlying directories and files) includes 'users' and 'Anonymous logon' with at least read permission.

Hope this helps...

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I may not have emphasized that the 'lost images' did, in fact, display the first few times I ran the project, and came up quite nicely, as designed.

Then they simply stopped displaying, with no intentional changes to settings or anything else, and no longer appear.
(There is no other malfunction with TABLEs, or anything else.)

I can see the images in design view, but not when I deploy and run the project.

(Click the links above to see what I see)

Sending my entire project to a colleague's PC, the images appear there.

His project that has working images, does NOT work on my PC.

Is there a setting in WF that I have not found (and how could I have turned it "off" without knowing it ?)

Thanks !

WF 7.6.4 & 5.3
Charles Lee

Master
posted Hide Post
Charles
I am sorry to say that I am stumped. Please open a case with Customer Support (If you have not already done so) so we can check your paths, aliases and configuration.

Mark

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Charlz,

I think a key point here is that there are two separate entities involved in creating a maintain page.

1) the IBI Webfocus Server creates the html content of the page, from components read from the Apps folder, and hands it off to the,

2) Web Server (IIS, Apache, etc.) sends the .htm file and any image and/or javascript files, from the starting point specified in the /approot alias/virtual directory/context, to the requesting user.

This separation of duties and file locations is so the two different servers can be on different machines. Running in Dev. Studio everything is on one machine and is preconfigured for ease of use. But, if you go through the process of setting up a deployment for your project, you'll see the different destinations of the two sets of file types.

So, be sure to check that your Web Servers /approot alais is setup correctly, and also make sure that the (project) subfolder under the /approot matches and contains the image files, as they are in your development environment.

Note: if you view the undeployed .mnt file in a text editor (not D.S.), and do a find on the image file name, you should be able to see the relative path specified for that file.

Regards,
Dave

http://www.daveayers.com

WebFocus/Maintain 7.6.4-8
on Win2000 and 2003 Server

Posts: 165 | Location: Detroit Metro | Registered: September 17, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Charlz, If you rightclick on the lost image and select properties, what do you get ?

This certainly looks like a Web server issue.

My suggestion is to track the problem back from the web page, start with the image link. Check the web server alias, test the alias to see if it works, if other files are accessible from the alias. It is important to gather info to determine what the problem actually is.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you, everyone,

What has me stumped is that the images worked fine for a few days, and then just stopped working.

I'd think a configuration issue would not change mid-stream like that, but would either work or not work from the start.

I was working in MAINTAIN, and made no changes other than to save my work, exit, turn off the machine and come back the next day to find the images gone.

When I noticed that the images didn't appear, I checked some HTML launch pages made in Dev Studio where the images had worked, and they no longer appeared either.

I'm working on functionality now, without the images in the hopes that I will find (with your help) how to make them appear, or they will appear as magically as they disappeared in the first place.

(I don't like to say 'magically' but until such things are resolved, it seems there are gremlins working on the code, right ?)

Thanks for any insight as to configuration files, settings, etc, that I can check,

WF 7.6.4 & 5.3
Charles Lee

posted Hide Post
Hi,

I had a similar issue, image not showing when I moved my .htm to production. Finally we found out the image file was corrupted and when replaced with a good one worked fine.

Lakshmi