Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HTML FORM CUSTOMIZATION OF ERROR MESSAGES

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HTML FORM CUSTOMIZATION OF ERROR MESSAGES
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
About two years ago, I searched the forum, and I found this great little piece of html code that worked well in 8.0.09. It creates a customized error message in an html frame as part of a layout of four pie charts, one of which did not have data until a particular year. The other three pie charts did.

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<p style="color: #000000; font-size:13px; font-family: Calibri;">
	[b]
		Julie's Pizzeria

<br>Net Profits by Category
		<br>
		&RPT_HEAD
		<br>
		&INST_HEAD
		<br>
	[/b]
		<br>Data is available for this store beginning in Fiscal Year 2016.
</p>

-HTMLFORM END
-#NEXT  
-IF &RECORDS GT 0 GOTO NEXT;

We migrated to 8.1.05M, and I developed some new pie charts using AppStudio instead of DevStudio. The error message will no longer work in AppStudio unless you SET EMPTYREPORT = ON to OFF. Once I did that, I was fine for my pie charts until we discovered another challenge.

In order to make newly-developed tables work (using the same data source), we had to add some dummy records to the data source meaning instead of no records we have records with zero values. Hence, the html form is no longer correct. I have records; they are just null values in the records.

I've searched the forum a little bit, and I'm still researching some other resources online as I am not well versed in html, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has tried to create an error message for a similar situation.

A colleague and I also tried to change the html code a little yesterday, but no luck yet although we're still trying.

By way of additional background, I have four pie charts with the exact same three parameters: REGION, STORE AND FISCAL YEAR. For the html page itself, the region is a hidden control, chained to the store (a drop down) while the Fiscal Year is populated using an unbound control from another fex meant to limit the fiscal years a user can choose in a drop down list.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Posts: 191 | Registered: September 18, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Julie,

I suspect that you first extract and hold data from your source to then be able to perform -IF &RECORDS GT 0 GOTO NEXT; and also to feed &RPT_HEAD and &INST_HEAD

quote:

we had to add some dummy records to the data source meaning instead of no records we have records with zero values

So what if you test for none zero record ? That way you won't have your default records

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MPG
BY CAR
WHERE MPG NE 0;
ON TABLE HOLD
END
-TYPE &RECORDS

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Julie

I think your references to the &RPT_HEAD and &INST_HEAD should be !IBI.AMP.RPTHEAD; and !IBI.AMP.INST_HEAD; The semi-colons at the end are required.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you both for your replies.

Yes, I am aware of using thee hold method and considered it.

To keep the code simple and streamlined though, I ended up using the dialogue manager. It seems to work well.

As far as the references to the &RPT_HEAD, etc. I will keep that in mind for next time.

Thank you both again.

It's always a pleasure to get the help of other users. It's like having one big brainstorming session that reaches across geographic boundaries.

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Posts: 191 | Registered: September 18, 2015Report This Post