Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Freeze Rows or Columns in Excel Output

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Freeze Rows or Columns in Excel Output
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know if you can Freeze Rows or Columns when using the Excel Output?
Have some not so tech savvy users who could benefit from this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Robert B. Clark -- Business Systems Analyst
Daimler Trucks North America
Phone: 503.745.7057
"There's always a better way."
IBM Mainframe zOS 8.1.05, DB2 adapter
WF 8.1.05 Hub to Sub, Self-Service, SQL Server adapter

Posts: 25 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You should be able to do that with Excel Templates.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Prarie,
Could you elaborate, just a bit.
Do you have a page or chapter in the Creating Reports with WebFOCUS that I can review?
Thank you.
-robert-

Posts: 25 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Robert,

I have not personally done this..so i don't have an example. If you do a search in Help or the IBI tech site you should be able to find some instruction. Good Luck.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Could you please elaborate what you mean by "Freeze Rows or Columns" when using Excel?

Do you mean "Freeze Panes"?

If so, you can create an Excel template that WebFOCUS uses to populate the data in one tab, and have a second tab that manipulates the first, with the Freeze Pane set.

Look for Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language > Choosing a Display Format > Using Excel Display Formats: Excel 2000, Excel 97, Excel > Creating Excel Templates

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I got help with this issue on the forum. And I documented it so I don't mind saving you the time it took me to research the issue.

1) Create an Excel template file.The worksheet must contain at least 2 sheets and each must contain data. You can input a blank in column a1 of each or some identifying text. It will be overwritten when the report is written.

2) Create a macro named auto_open that freezes the headings at the appropriate cell, as follows:

Sub auto_open()
'
' auto_open Macro
'
Range("A2").Select
ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True
End Sub

3) The range A2 above allows for a single row of columns headings but no freeze on the columns. To add rows to the freeze, adjust range accordingly (IE: A2, A3, etc) To freeze the first column and row, select range B2.

4) Save it as an .mht file on the web focus server. I called mine Excel_Template.mht and saved it in our application directory

5) Add the following parameters to your PCHOLD command

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &USER_OUTPUT TEMPLATE Excel_Template SHEETNUMBER 1

Only issue we found is that Excel to allow the macro code to run. When set to high, you will not receive any message; the macro will be ignored.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: knegrotto,

WebFOCUS 769
Windows
all

posted Hide Post
We have a Hub-Sub environment. I use WebFOCUS 7.6, not the mainframe FOCUS here at DTNA, and have my users run from an HTML page, so everything comes back to them via an IE window, whether PDF, Excel, HTML, etc.
The dilemma: I need to have that Excel Template loaded to the EDAPATH or App Path for our environment. Where is that configuration information stored? In the WebFOCUS Administration Console? The Managed Reporting Administration web page? Somewhere on the mainframe? I did find in the WebFOCUS Admin Console under Configuration/Managed Reporting called MR_TEMPLATE_DIR. Is this it.
I'll take any and all suggestions.
I work very closely with our BI IT department and they'll implement or even let me setup and test the configuration, once I've located where it's at. So any help would be much appreciated if someone has experience in a similar Hub-Sub environment.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Robert,

Please check your private message, in which I explained the reason that a case will be better to handle this type of questions.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Robert you should not have an issue.

Hub-Sub means you get the data from the sub then you output it via the hub.

The template file should be stored in an apps folder on the WebFOCUS environment (hub) not the sub-server.

Report This Post