Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] multiple hyperlinks in a single text box

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] multiple hyperlinks in a single text box
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
longtime WebFOCUS user, new HTMLFORM user (8201m).

I am trying to provide multiple hyperlinks in a single - very long - text box. I can create multiple URL values in the Requests and Data sources dialog, but I do not see how to link highlighted TEXT to a specific Task calling that request. The HTML painter seems to limit me to a single URL per text box.

Step 1- create requests (URLs)
Step 2- create text box text1
Step 3- highlight word in text1
Step 4- right mouse click: brings up hyperlink properties
Step 5- assign highlighted text to task/request
Step 6- repeat 3-5 for the second url.

I have tried a few variations on the above, but when I do get this to work, it seems like the painter has no idea of highlighted text: it only recognizes the text1 control.

Is there a step I am missing?

Thanks in advance, folks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Not in a single text box

Step 1- create request (URL)
Step 2- create Hyperlink
Step 3- go to Tasks & Animations and assign request to anchor
Step 4- repeat 1-3 for the second url.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MartinY:
Not in a single text box

Step 1- create request (URL)
Step 2- create Hyperlink
Step 3- go to Tasks & Animations and assign request to anchor
Step 4- repeat 1-3 for the second url.

Okay, this kind of confirms what I was seeing (editorial comment to follow after I solve the problem).

I can create the multiple hyperlinks - anchors in the Properties dialog - but I am still not clear how to link highlighted text in my text box to the various hyperlinks /anchors I just created.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:

Originally posted by sh98110:

I can create the multiple hyperlinks - anchors in the Properties dialog - but I am still not clear how to link highlighted text in my text box to the various hyperlinks /anchors I just created.

You can't AFAIK.
Each anchor (hyperlink) must reside on its own control to be clickable

Below a sample HTML document create with HTML Composer in less than 5 minutes
1- Open a new text document in Public folder
2- Paste in below code
3- Save as html file

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html><head><meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge"><meta name="mycharsetmeta" http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=WINDOWS-1252"><meta name="Generation" content="Created in release 8201, Generation 4"><meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">

<!-- Copyright 1996-2013 Information Builders, Inc. All rights reserved. -->

<script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_OptionsScript
var bRuntime=true;var szHtmlAlias="./ibi_html/";var is_mobile="false";var loadingscreen="";var ib_composer="ib_composer";var emf="ib_composer_emf";var ibiOptions = new Array(ib_composer);document.write('<script src="'+szHtmlAlias+'ibigbl.js" type="text/javascript"><\/script>');</script><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_ibigblloadCss
if(typeof ibigblloadCss != 'function'){alert("JavaScript alias '"+szHtmlAlias+"'  is not valid.");window.location("about:blank");}</script><title>HtmlPage</title><style type="text/css">.internal_default {
 }
 </style><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=clientEventHandlersJS

if(typeof(bRuntime) != 'undefined') {
// TODO: Add your inline runtime code here
}

//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {

UpdateData();

// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload
</script><!--//confidential_id=focus_xmlelement
<rootxmlnode focoption="_FOC_NULL"><html_elements><html_body thumbnailscale="4" use_appl_css="no" checkserveraccess="yes" maptype="0" mobiledocument="no" loadiniframe="yes" responsivedesign="no" autofitchildren="no" edaconnectionrequired="false" ibiapp_app="" ismre="1" ibif_ex="/WFC/Repository/Public/HyperlinkSample.htm"><html_event eventname="load" eventhandlername="window_onload"/><layer name="default"/></html_body><html_element bindcontrolid="anchor1" layername="default"/><html_element bindcontrolid="anchor2" layername="default"/><html_element rtFileName="htmlpathsub/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/default_theme.css" bindcontrolid="LINK3" type="cssfile" UserSuppliedFullPath="1"/><html_element rtFileName="htmlpathsub/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/bip-neutral.css" bindcontrolid="IBI_THEME_CSS" desc="Neutral" type="cssfile" UserSuppliedFullPath="1"/>
</html_elements><variables></variables><requests nextrequestsid="2"><request requestid="IBI_Link" sourcetype="typeUrl" ibif_ex="https://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/toc.jsp"/><request requestid="Googl_Link" sourcetype="typeUrl" ibif_ex="https://www.google.com/"/></requests><tasks><task id="load" trigger="load"/><task id="task2" trigger="click" specifictrigger="anchor1"><taskitem id="IBI_Link" sourcetype="typeUrl" targetname="_blank"/></task><task id="task3" trigger="click" specifictrigger="anchor2"><taskitem id="Googl_Link" sourcetype="typeUrl" targetname="_blank"/></task></tasks><animations></animations></rootxmlnode>
--></head>
<body class="IBI_PageBg"><div class="IBI_DesktopContainer IBI_temp_unselect" style="display: none;"><a tabindex="1" class="IBI_LinkItem internal_default" id="anchor1" style="left: 30px; top: 20px; width: 82px; height: 24px; position: absolute; z-index: 1;" href="#" name="anchor1">Go To IBI</a><a tabindex="2" class="IBI_LinkItem internal_default" id="anchor2" style="left: 30px; top: 50px; width: 72px; height: 28px; position: absolute; z-index: 2;" href="#" name="anchor2">Go To Google</a></div></body></html>
<!-- cc yyyt -->

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Martin, thanks for this. For reason that have to do with how our environment is configured, I think I want to wait to see if anyone has any other approaches to offer for this problem.

I find it hard to believe that "highlight text", right mouse, hyperlink in WORD is impossible to duplicate in the HTML painter.

Even in TABLE, once the text is identified, the URL becomes easy.

Thanks again for the code, and confirming that this is not an easy problem to solve in the painter.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Maybe this option may suits your need
Instead of a text box

1- Create a new report with below code (this is one of multiple ways)
TABLE FILE CAR
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 1;

HEADING
"Go To Google"
"Go To IBI"

ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/warm.sty,
$
TYPE=HEADING,
    LINE=1,
    URL=https://www.google.com/,
    TARGET='_blank',
$
TYPE=HEADING,
    LINE=2,
    URL=https://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/toc.jsp,
    TARGET='_blank',
$
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

2- Add a report/iframe to your HTML
3- Assign above report to the report iframe

In Focus since 2007