Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Help/Direction needed for PDF report with complex comparison type output

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Help/Direction needed for PDF report with complex comparison type output
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

I am working on a PDF report where i have to build a comparison report(of product and its alternate as an example) i would call it.
The report will go multiple pages and i am struggling to decide on how to build that or how to approach or arrange to get the required out.
I am seeing suggestions or help on how to start building the report.
Data and the output i need

As shown in the image,i have the data arranged in a hold file and i have to get the output in way i have shown in the right.
I am trying to get the product A and its two alternate values in a page next to each other,
I have few ideas like,
  • may be i can use ACROSS PRODUCT.but i need only Product A and only two if its alternative at a time.
  • or i should create a variable with Product and its two alternative at a time and loop through.I am trying not to use loop as of now,as this report goes to a bigger compound report.So it may cause trouble.
  • or may be i should use SUBHEAD technique,but for that too i have to group a Product and its two alternative.

I am struggling to group one product type and its two alternative and not able to think any other solutions.

Same image that i posted above.
    img
    Please provide your suggestions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF8206,Windows 7,8,10
    HTM,PDF,EXCEL
  •  
    Posts: 229 | Location: MI | Registered: September 13, 2017Report This Post