Focal Point
[CLOSED] Help/Direction needed for PDF report with complex comparison type output

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/9897099396

July 24, 2020, 05:14 PM
srajeevan
[CLOSED] Help/Direction needed for PDF report with complex comparison type output
Hi All,

I am working on a PDF report where i have to build a comparison report(of product and its alternate as an example) i would call it.
The report will go multiple pages and i am struggling to decide on how to build that or how to approach or arrange to get the required out.
I am seeing suggestions or help on how to start building the report.
Data and the output i need

As shown in the image,i have the data arranged in a hold file and i have to get the output in way i have shown in the right.
I am trying to get the product A and its two alternate values in a page next to each other,
I have few ideas like,
  • may be i can use ACROSS PRODUCT.but i need only Product A and only two if its alternative at a time.
  • or i should create a variable with Product and its two alternative at a time and loop through.I am trying not to use loop as of now,as this report goes to a bigger compound report.So it may cause trouble.
  • or may be i should use SUBHEAD technique,but for that too i have to group a Product and its two alternative.

I am struggling to group one product type and its two alternative and not able to think any other solutions.

Same image that i posted above.
    img
    Please provide your suggestions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

• WF8206,Windows 7,8,10
    HTM,PDF,EXCEL