Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     HTML RA with DBA Security

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
HTML RA with DBA Security
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone tell me how to get HTML RA 5.2 to work when the data file MFD (synonym) contains DBA security? The following does not work: Mad

1. Add DBA to the CAR file - make sure you do a RESTRICT FILE CAR so that the DBA security takes effect.
2. Create a Reporting Object using CAR as the data file.
3. Save and quit.
4. Go to the Domains view.
5. Invoke Report Assitant from the newly created Reporting Object. Note the
errors.

Posts: 16 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
<IBI Sean>
posted
Hi Arthur:

When DBA rules are in force you need to issue either:
SET USER=<valid_user>
OR

-PASS <valid_user>
I don't believe the MR will automatically set this value out of the box. Therefore, you or the user will need to either provide for this setting in the focexec or as a configuration setting, in site.wfs OR edasprof.prf OR user.prf.

Hope that helps.

-Sean

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip, but I still can't get this to work. Frowner I've placed the following in edasprof.prf and none work:

1) SET USER = &IBIMR_user
2) SET PASS = &IBIMR_user
3) -PASS &IBIMR_user

When invoking Report Assistant from Reporting Objects in the Domains view, I get FOC205, FOC261, FOC003, and FOC009 errors. In the Domain Builder view, I get a FOC007 error. Mad

I actually have a case open with CSS and they gave me similar solutions to try, but none worked. I think it is a bug. Have you actually gotten this to work? Thanks again!

Posts: 16 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
<IBI Sean>
posted
Arthur:

Right idea but I do not believe the &IBIMR_user is available in the edasprof.prf. To use the profiles you would either have to hard code the user (which is probably not the functionality you want) or use the connected user id (&IBIC_user). That variable isn't available either, but you can retrieve it's value just the same in a profile using:
SET USER = CNCTUSR('A10');
However, it sounds to me like a better approach for you might be to include the logic in your site.wfs in your WebFOCUS Client. In 52, see /ibi/client52/wfc/etc/site.wfs.

Insert the following:
<SET> IBIMR_user(PASS)<br />_site_profile=SET USER=&IBIMR_user
Since your are using Servlets, you will then need to recycle your Servlet engine (in Windows recycle IIS entirely, not just the Web Services) to pick the site.wfs changes.

For more info on this syntax take a look at the WebFOCUS Security and Administration Manual.

Good luck!
-Sean

Report This Post