Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Only 1 ACROSS is supported in WF8 graphs - work around?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Only 1 ACROSS is supported in WF8 graphs - work around?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hello fellow WebFOCUS nail bangers!

I am trying to create a graph with a date field, YRMN /YYM (displays like ‘201411’) in a graph, but I want it to display like ‘Nov-2014’ in the graph along the X-Axis. To do so I created a field MYDATE (displays like ‘Nov-2014’).

I get the desired result in a table request when I code:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM CNT.MPIID AS 'Total, Encounters'
ACROSS YRMN NOPRINT
ACROSS MYDATE AS 'MONTH'
BY ENCOUNTERTYPE AS ' T'
END

However, if I code it in a graph,

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM CNT.MPIID AS ' Total, Encounters '
ACROSS YRMN NOPRINT
ACROSS MYDATE AS 'MONTH'
BY ENCOUNTERTYPE AS ' '
END

In the graph the MYDATE is displayed for every axis label.
Yuk!

Now I understand that just one ACROSS is supported in WF8 graphs.

Dreck!

Does anyone have a suggestion that could solve this?

I am working with WebFOCUS 8.1.05 InfoAssist.

Thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Is there an option to merge the graphs ?

GRMERGE ON

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Grmerge is ON

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Posts: 573 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 06, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Frustrating.....

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tomsweb:
I want dates like 01-2012, 02-2012 to display along the X-axis in a graph of car sales across date by dealer_cost. How's that sound for a car file prototype?

Right now dates look like 201201, 201202.

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36

Expert
posted Hide Post
Can you change the format from YYM to MtYY ?

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I am not familiar with InfoAssist as we're using 7.6.11 here. In that using BY instead of ACROSS yields your desired result.

Is that an option for you?

WF 7.6.11
Output: HTML, PDF, Excel

Posts: 123 | Location: UK | Registered: October 09, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
MtYY ?

I created a new field in the MtYY format. That means I can use that in a single ACROSS in my graph, so it worked.

Thanks to all for your help.

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36