Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED for now] Displaying the contents of a CLOB field

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED for now] Displaying the contents of a CLOB field
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
A customer uses a CLOB field in an Oracle database to store some XML.
He would like to display the XML on his screen as if coming from a notepad file: he wants to see all the tags.
Any ideas?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Danny-SRL,

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
i think you'll have to replace the greater than tags with & gt ; and less thans with & lt ; to get it to display and not interpret. either that or change the http header to infer that it's a text output and not to be interpreted.

- ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
change the http header to infer that it's a text output and not to be interpreted

What would the header look like?

Daniel
In Focus since 1982

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny-SRL:
What would the header look like?

I have experience doing this in ASP, but not in WebFOCUS, so I'm sort of shooting from the hip. Seems like switching the output to text\plain should allow it to come through as plain text.

See the ASP implementation: http://www.w3schools.com/asp/prop_contenttype.asp

See this WebFOCUS documentation: http://www.csueastbay.edu/FOCU...79.htm#d10sec1094378

- ABT

WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This is a description of where I am now:
I defined the CLOB with format A32000.
I issue a TABLE command and PRINT my CLOB.
If I understand you correctly, I should issue before the TABLE command something like

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
-* here a content-type which would say plain/text or something to that effect
-HTMLFORM END

So my question is what exactly do I put between the -HTMLFORM command?

Daniel
In Focus since 1982

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The only way I know of easily getting tagged XML into the browser is to use a textarea:
TABLE FILE fn
PRINT XML
ON TABLE SAVE
END
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css"> textarea { overflow: auto; border: none; width:110%; height:100%;} </style>
</head>
<body>
<textarea>
!IBI.FIL.SAVE;
</textarea>
</body>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END

The browsers tend to always want to interpret the XML no matter how you try and present it.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Does this post help at all? [SOLVED] Display XML file stored in SQL Table

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M Unix Self-Service/MRE/Report Caster - Outputs Excel, PDF, HTML, Flat Files

Posts: 320 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: February 12, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Alan & Max,

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982