Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Report Status

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Report Status
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hello, I have report which usually runs for 10 mins but sometimes it takes over very long time to run. I have confirmed the paramters used are the same.
I noticed under the 'Agents' for column FOCUS/External IO it shows 0/0 and under the CPU Time it shows 0:02:28:578 and it is not changing the time.

How can I confirm if the report is still being processed?
What does it mean when FOCUS/External IO shows 0/0?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kpiracha,

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003
HTML, Plain Text

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong, but I've come to understand that the FOCUS/External IO is what is actually being done in the FOCUS engine. On my iSeries, I usually look to the DBMS/IO column to see what the record count of what is being processed. If the FOCUS column is 0/0, it's not a BAD thing, just means your records are passing through that part of the stack.

Are you running on a Windows server? Does that have any job listing you can look at?

WebFOCUS: 7702
O/S : Windows
Data Migrator: 7702

Posts: 127 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: May 29, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that if the request is from an RDBMS, then WebFOCUS may be waiting for it to start returning data.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick response. We are actually using Iseries as well and connect to JDE database. I don't have access to look at the Iseries side of data though.

Our webfocus is on Win2003. I didn't under the question 'Does that have any job listing you can look at?'.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003
HTML, Plain Text

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Is there any tool we can use to figure out what exactly being done with the report at one perticular time, for eg, processing data, waiting for response etc etc.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003
HTML, Plain Text

Expert
posted Hide Post
You may have to talk to IBI about this.

Another option, testing only, would be tracing. This would log what is happening, but if there is large amounts of data, the logs could be quite large.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ok. I will talk to IBI.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003
HTML, Plain Text

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kpiracha:
Thanks for the quick response. We are actually using Iseries as well and connect to JDE database. I don't have access to look at the Iseries side of data though.

Our webfocus is on Win2003. I didn't under the question 'Does that have any job listing you can look at?'.

Option 1
In iSeries, get to a green screen and go to a command line. Type 'wrkactjob' and sort the list by processing %. If you are running the job at the time, you should see a TSCOM job near the top which is what WF kicks off to run your request. Use option 5 to work with the job and display the job log. If the job log tells you something like "xxxxxx used for SQL processing" copy that job number and get back to your command line. (continued in Option 2)

Option 2
Get the job number for your request. You can either get it from the Agents list on the webconsole or through wrkactjob on the green screen.
Type wrkjob 9999999/jobname/userid where 9999999 is your job number, jobname is TSCOM3 and userid is the userid that submitted your job.
When the job info screen comes up either use option 10 for the job log or option 14 to see a list of open files. If you use 14, you can press PF11 to view the DBMS i/o and make sure everyhting is processing and what your response time is.

Option 3
Do you have iNavigator in your shop? If so, use it to connect to your server, and under the "DATABASES" drop-down select your connection and navigate to the "JOBS" area. You can right-click the JOBS icon and include your specific job number that is running your request. There are a myriad of things you can do here. For a bit of training on that, click this link:
click here

WebFOCUS: 7702
O/S : Windows
Data Migrator: 7702

Posts: 127 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: May 29, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
awesome....thank you so so much.

WebFOCUS 7.6.9
Windows 2003
HTML, Plain Text