Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] subfoot and total lines is not aligned and extra space in PDF report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] subfoot and total lines is not aligned and extra space in PDF report
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi

Iam facing an issue with Subtotal in my PDF report.An extra line is coming around the subtotal and grand total section.And the result for grand total and subtotal are not aligning in the same line.Please find the below the sample code.
The sampleoutput is coming like below.

field1 field2 field3
***********extra space here*************
subtotal
fiel1subtotal fiel2subtotal fiel3subtotal
***********extra space here*************
Grandtotal
Grandtotal1 Grandtotal2 Grandtotal3

the values for subtotal and grandtotal is not in the same line.

DEFINE FILE SSUPT
V_DUMMY/I2 = ;
V_REG_N/A41 = 'Region ' | EDIT(ALTN_REGN_REF_I, '$$$999');
END
TABLE FILE SSUPT
PRINT
LOC_REF_I
CATGNAME
WTD_TOT_SHTG_A
WTD_BTWN_SLS_A
LY_TOT_SHTG_A'
LY_BTWN_SLS_A
COMPUTE CY_RATE/P15.2B=(WTD_TOT_SHTG_A/WTD_BTWN_SLS_A)*100;
COMPUTE LY_RATE/P15.2B=(LY_TOT_SHTG_A/LY_BTWN_SLS_A)*100;
COMPUTE BP_LY/P15.2B=((LY_TOT_SHTG_A/LY_BTWN_SLS_A)*100)-((WTD_TOT_SHTG_A/WTD_BTWN_SLS_A)*100);
BY V_DUMMY NOPRINT
BY V_REG_N NOPRINT
ON V_REG_N RECOMPUTE WTD_TOT_SHTG_A WTD_BTWN_SLS_A LY_TOT_SHTG_A LY_BTWN_SLS_A CY_RATE LY_RATE BP_LY AS ''
ON V_DUMMY SUMMARIZE AS 'GRAND TOTAL'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN, PAGESIZE='Letter', SQUEEZE=ON, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE,$
TYPE=REPORT, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=10, GRID=OFF, COLOR='BLACK', BACKCOLOR='NONE', STYLE=NORMAL,
$
TYPE=TITLE, BORDER=MEDIUM,BORDER-COLOR='WHITE', SIZE=9, BACKCOLOR=RGB(153 153 153), JUSTIFY=CENTER, COLOR='BLACK', STYLE=BOLD,$
TYPE=HEADING, SIZE=10, JUSTIFY=CENTER, STYLE=BOLD, HEADALIGN=BODY, COLOR='MAROON',$
TYPE=DATA,SIZE=9,BACKCOLOR=('WHITE' RGB(240 240 240)),JUSTIFY=RIGHT,$
TYPE=DATA,COLUMN=LOC_REF_I,JUSTIFY=LEFT,$
TYPE=SUBTOTAL,BY=V_REG_N,BACKCOLOR=RGB(180 180 180), STYLE=BOLD,SIZE=9,$
TYPE=SUBTOTAL,BY=V_DUMMY, COLOR='WHITE', BACKCOLOR=RGB(90 90 90), SIZE=9,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Can some one please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 7.1.4 xp html,excel,pdf

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
This was solved in 7.6.11. The new SET command DROPBLNKLINE removes blank lines around subtotals/grand totals.

SET DROPBLNKLINE=ON

For earlier versions, use of Subfoots will do the trick:

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
BY MODEL
ON COUNTRY SUBFOOT
"*Sub-Total <COUNTRY><+0><ST.SALES>"
ON TABLE SUBFOOT
"*Grand-Total <+0> <+0> <CT.SALES>"
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=SUBFOOT,STYLE=BOLD,HEADALIGN=BODY,$
TYPE=TABFOOTING,STYLE=BOLD,HEADALIGN=BODY,$
ENDSTYLE

In FOCUS since 1985 - WF 8.009/8.104 Win 8 Outputs: ALL of 'em! Adapters: Sql Server Teradata Oracle

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply.I have used
SET DROPBLNKLINE=ON command but it didnt help.I actually have % in my footing.Thats the reason i used recompute.

WebFocus 7.1.4 xp html,excel,pdf

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Souji,

I think you are dealing with a common problem with SUBTOTAL/SUB-TOTAL/RECOMPUTE/SUMMARIZE row titles that occurs especially when you have a NOPRINT on your BY sort fields.

Read the following FocalPoint thread for some helpful information.

How to Avoid Total Lines on Two Lines

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Souli,

Mickey is correct. There must be something interfering with DROPBLNKLINE in your code. using the CAR database, I tried to make it break using a combinations of NOPRINT and Subtotal, Sub-total, Recompute, Summarize, etc but could not.

I suggest opening a case.

In FOCUS since 1985 - WF 8.009/8.104 Win 8 Outputs: ALL of 'em! Adapters: Sql Server Teradata Oracle

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
DROPBLNKLINE works on 7.6.11 and above, not, 7.1.4...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The problem is not with the DROPBLNKLINE. The problem is with the standard FOCUS behavior of placing values on a TOTAL line. If there isn't enough room on the same line for the value of the field for which the TOTALS are being calculated and the total values themselves, FOCUS will use two lines for the TOTAL information. Please check the link to the FocalPoint thread I included in my previous post. This will explain the issue in more detail.

DROPBLNKLINE is intended to simply eliminate blank lines, not force the TOTAL line to always appear on one line.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post