Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     finding time taken by reports?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
finding time taken by reports?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Is there anyway we can find the time taking by reports when multiple users hit (atleast 50users)

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you are using MS IIS. You can turn internetloging on and see the start and stop time for your fex's.

Posts: 104 | Location: Boston | Registered: April 23, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
our webfocus reports are running under websphere.

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
<Thiru>
posted
You could get the matrices from your network people by monitoring the traffic by users id and request on the box where the app server resides or Websphere server may give you some results on this.

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi

We do exactly this and then we output the result in the footer of the report. Something like "this report took X seconds to run". We use an include file and its a bit different than this code, but its based on this. Also note that if you dont want to include the result in the output then just use -TYPE &LAPSE to see the results. Hope this helps. Here is sample code. Note that this will result in 0 seconds to run since the table file car query is so fast. Put a longer job in there and you will see it work.

-SET &TIMEIS = HHMMSS('A8');
-SET &HH = EDIT(&TIMEIS,'99$$$$$$');
-SET &MM = EDIT(&TIMEIS,'$$$99$$$');
-SET &SS = EDIT(&TIMEIS,'$$$$$$99');

-SET &XXXSTARTTIME = (&HH * 3600) + (&MM * 60) + &SS;

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
END

-SET &TIMEIS = HHMMSS('A8');
-SET &HH = EDIT(&TIMEIS,'99$$$$$$');
-SET &MM = EDIT(&TIMEIS,'$$$99$$$');
-SET &SS = EDIT(&TIMEIS,'$$$$$$99');

-SET &XXXENDTIME = (&HH * 3600) + (&MM * 60) + &SS;
-SET &LAPSE = &XXXENDTIME - &XXXSTARTTIME;

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MODEL NOPRINT
WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ '1';
FOOTING
"This report took &LAPSE second(s) to run"
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
END

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Make sure there's a -RUN somewhere between the TABLE code that you are measuring and the -SET that follows it; otherwise the answer will always be zero.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
<WFUser>
posted
If you're using 5.2.3 or higher, you can use the stress test tool on the reporting server console. I believe it's under the procedures link. The report must be on the reporting server so if you have an MRE application, you will need to copy to an app. You also cannot have variables. If you do, -SET them in the fex so they have values. You can simulate n number of users simultaneously hitting the report and you will get statistics on avg response time.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
jodye, brilliant! thank you so much.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Susannah! And yes its true there should be a -RUN in there.

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
If you need to get more detailed run times, you can use the newer Date-Time functions. These will get you down to milliseconds on NT and micro-seconds for some Unix platforms. Here's a quick sample:

-SET &STARTT = HGETC(10, 'HHISsm');

-* Do some stuff
-RUN
-SET &ENDT = HGETC(10, 'HHISsm');
-SET &TIME_SST = HDIFF(&ENDT, &STARTT, 'MICROSECOND', 'D12.2') ;
-TYPE Total uSecs: &TIME_SST

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
Very intriguing. When I type &STARTT and &ENDT, the values are displayed as garbage, because I guess the Dialog Manager variables contain Date-Time values. I did not know it was that easy to use the HDIFF function in DM. And, where is the documentation on the format 'HHISSM'? I could find nothing in the Using Functions document.

-SET &STARTT = HGETC(10, 'HHISSM');

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT *
END
-RUN
-SET &ENDT = HGETC(10, 'HHISSM');
-SET &TIME_SST = HDIFF(&ENDT, &STARTT, 'MICROSECOND', 'D12.2') ;
-TYPE START &STARTT
-TYPE END &ENDT
-TYPE TOTAL USECS: &TIME_SST

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong, but to my knowledge, all the Date-Time functions work in Dialog Manager. To display timestamp in a pretty format, you can use HCNVRT function:

-SET &STARTT = HGETC(10, 'HHISSM');
-SET &STARTT_PR = HCNVRT(&STARTT, '(HHISsm)', 15, 'A15');
-TYPE STARTT_PR: &STARTT_PR

yields this on NT:

STARTT_PR: 14:17:45.237000

<Pietro De Santis>
posted
I had to the following when using the DATEMOV function, but then, I guess it's not a Date-Time Function.

-* DETERMINE BEGINNING OF WEEK FOR SELECTED DATE
-SET &TODAY_DT = &YYMD;
-SET &WTDF =
- DATECVT(( DATEMOV((DATECVT(&TODAY_DT,'I8YYMD','YYMD')),'BOW')),
- 'YYMD','I8YYMD');

-TYPE TODAY = &TODAY_DT
-TYPE BEG. OF WEEK = &WTDF

Report This Post