Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] AdminPortal and Welcome Page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] AdminPortal and Welcome Page
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
As always, thanks in advance to anyone who might have an idea.

Here's a post I looked at earlier today, and it provided me confirmation of what I already knew to be true.

http://forums.informationbuild...697059476#5697059476

I can set up the Welcome Page to be directed to the portal I want through the Configuration-Other-Welcome-Default, etc.

I need to set up another page allows me access to the Admin Portal itself.

In the Portals section of a previous environment, I see the Admin Portal. I created the proper change management package and brought it into the new environment.

When I look at the Portals in my new environment I cannot see the Admin Portal itself, just my regular portal with all my graphs, reports, etc.

If try to create the Admin Portal again, I receive an error message saying it already exists.

All of this is being done in 8.105M.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Posts: 191 | Registered: September 18, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Julie

This has to be a security issue. Are you an Administrator on the WebFOCUS client. In the security center if you right mouse click on your ID and choose Groups / Group membership report it will show you all the security groups you are associated with. If you are an Administrator that is the only group you want to see. Other groups will limit the resources you see and in your case probably the Admin Portal.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, I am an administrator. I also belong to the Developers group. That might be limiting my access.

I found some documentation left previously by someone else.

He changed two items: IBI_Default_Welcome_Page and IBI_Signout_Redirect_URL.

I have changed both, and I restarted the server. I am still experiencing a security error of 403. So clearly, I need to change something in the way of security.

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
With WF8, you will always be limited to the most restrictive group/permission.

Try by removing yourself from Developers group.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you both!

I removed myself from one group, and that did the trick.

Final question: I receive a 404 error on my EDASERVE connection. That obviously means the resource is not found. So, I know I need to change some setting/configuration somewhere.

Thoughts?

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Julie

From the WebFOCUS Client Administration console. Click on Reporting Servers /Remote Services and click on the radio button for EDASERVE and then the Modify button. Validate the host name and port. By default it is 8120. If the reprting server is on a separate machine fromthe WebFOCUS clent this could also be ia firewall issue to port 8121. Both 8120 and 8121 need to be opened.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that information. We validated the host and port. We now receive a 403 error, so clearly that's a permissions error. I presume we should review our profile in the Security Center?

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Julie

From the same place in the Client Administration console for EDASERVE check the Trusted radio button under security..

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I'm still not having much luck. I am going to check on the firewall issue. I did change the one setting to Trusted. Additional thoughts?

I am just trying to get this working:

ibi_apps/webconsole/IWAYNODE_EDASERVE/bcstart.html so we can log into the WebConsole.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JulieA,

WebFocus 8.2.04
WebFocus 8.2.04

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Julie

quote:
bi_apps/webconsole/IWAYNODE_EDASERVE/bcstart.html

The URL should be ibi_apps/webconsole/IWAYNODE_EDASERVE/wc/bcstart.htm

or

http://servername:8121 where servername is the machine name or IP address of the machine where the reporting server is installed. From a separate browser session. Make sure under access control on that console the security provider that is marked as primary is marked Accepts Trusted. Also if you right mouse click on Server Administrators under Roles you will want to register group. When that interface comes up choose single group registration type Administrators for the group. This will allow anyone that is a WebFOCUS client administrator to automatically be a reporting server administrator.