Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Unable to place reports into different excel tabs based on an across field

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Unable to place reports into different excel tabs based on an across field
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I have a requirement such that if the end user selects say 2 ID's from the listbox in the launchpage,then the report should have 1 excel tab having the 1st ID report and 2nd excel tab having the selected 2nd ID report details.

Below is the code :
-DEFAULT &SELECTEDID='1,2';
TABLE FILE HOLD1
PRINT *
WHERE PID IN (&SELECTEDID)
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD2
END

TABLE FILE HOLD2
SUM
XYZ
BY SID
BY SNM
ACROSS PID
ACROSS PNM
WHERE PID NE ' '
END
-RUN
-EXIT

Can anyone please tell me how to do this.I know that we can place the reports in different excel tabs using BYTOC but I want to place the reports based on an across field - PID in this case.

This is really really urgent.Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

webfocus 769,windows 7,html

Expert
posted Hide Post
If you want multiple Excel tabs in your output then use ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K BYTOC.

However, this works on the FIRST BY field and not an ACROSS, so either add BY PID NOPRINT as the first BY phrase or change the ACROSS PID to the first BY phrase.

This sort of thing is covered in basic training, is this an option for you?

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Please also take the time to read responses to identical earlier questions.

The post you raised at 12:34 BST yesterday was answered by Jimbo less than an hour later at 13:16 BST.

You could find that your pleas for help go unanswered if you do not at least look at the replies your have had before asking the same question again.

Remember, posters on this forum are very happy to help out and they do so willingly and for free. If individuals do not show appreciation by apparently ignoring answers ask yourself if you would continue to help such an individual?

T

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
To add to what Tony said, it is not logical to want to have different TABs based on an ACROSS field.
When you want to have different TABs what you are implying is that your report is separated into blocks and the only way to do this is with a BY. WebFOCUS gives you this possibility on the FIRST BY field of your TABLE request only.

As I said in a previous thread, for your own satisfaction, your employer should provide you with some training.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the response.Sure going forward I will ensure that multiple posts aren't posted.
Yes I had undergone a training and as webfocus is very vast,I thought there could be some other way to achieve what Iam trying to do.

Can we do it using looping?Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
By making your ACROSS field the first BY field you automatically are creating the output block you want. Using the Table of Contents feature (BYTOC) you will automatically get you separate worksheets.

WF 7.7.04, WF 8.0.7, Win7, Win8, Linux, UNIX, Excel, PDF

Posts: 175 | Location: Pomona, NY | Registered: August 06, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
[CLOSED]