Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [RESOLVED] Sp Characters (i.e. Reg Trademark, Copyright) on HTML and PDF reports

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[RESOLVED] Sp Characters (i.e. Reg Trademark, Copyright) on HTML and PDF reports
 Login/Join

posted
I have read information on showing special characters on reports but I couldn't find an example where the text that contains the special character originates from DB2.

We have text that is housed in DB2 that we query for and show on our HTML or PDF output. How do we code the registered trademark symbol and the copyright symbol within our DB2 table so that it is translated properly on both HTML and PDF output?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stacie Stone,

WebFOCUS 8.0.8
PDF, HTML

Posts: 6 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: July 30, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
You need to set correct code page for DB so that it accepts special characters. Other option is to encode special characters while inserting into DB and decode it while reading from WebFOCUS. But this will be costly this decode needs to be performed for each record.

Thanks,
Ram

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Stacie, for html output, the code for copyright and for registration mark

&|copy; &|reg;

note the pipe after the ampersand, that's the escape character that tells focus that this is not a dialogue manager variable.
For PDF, this wont work; the only thing i can suggest is take a screen shot of the two, make images.
pita, i know, but it will work.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I think that © and ® are standard characters in most fonts.

Hex, A9 or 169 is ©
Hex, AE or 174 is ®

You can enter these via the keyboard with alt+nnnn.

So alt+0169 give you © and alt+0174 gives you ®

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
From the WebFOCUS side, once you have the data in your database, as long as you use the correct code pages in WebFOCUS these characters will be visible in all outputs. Use 137 not 437 on the server and 137 on the client.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
With WF 8, you can display superscripts (copyright symbol) on Report Data, Heading, and Footing Lines.

The following code will display the copyright symbol.
SUPCOPY/A20= ''||HEXBYT(169,'A2')||'';

Note: In the StyleSheet, every component that will display a superscript has the attribute
MARKUP=ON.

Looking into the WF-8 documentation will help you better.

Posts: 165 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If the data is coming from the database, unless you have the correct code page on the reporting server, special characters will not display correctly.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We ended up reporting a case with IBI for help with this due to our code page set-up. Will post again when we have a resolution. Thanks everyone for your input to my question!

WebFOCUS 8.0.8
PDF, HTML

Posts: 6 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: July 30, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Worked with IBI for resolution. Updated our Client Code Page from 437 to 137. Thanks again to everyone for your input! ~Stacie

WebFOCUS 8.0.8
PDF, HTML