Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Getting coordinated values in the heading

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Getting coordinated values in the heading
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a idea, but wanted to make sure there wasn't some best practices or undocumented way to get field values in the heading of a coordinated report.

My idea is create a separate compound component report for the headings.

Thanks,
--wg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Winfred Gunter,

WF 8009m, Clustered vm Windows2008r2 reporting servers;
Web interface: tomcat;
Output: EXCEL, HTML, PDF; dbms: Oracle 10, db2 on mvs, mssql

Posts: 81 | Location: Monroe LA | Registered: January 07, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
This is how we do it in my shop.

TABLE FILE DATATABLE
PRINT
     VAR1
     VAR2
     VAR3

HEADING
"REPORT TITLE"
"VAR 1: <VAR1 "
"VAR 2: <VAR2 "
"VAR 3: <VAR3 "

HTH, ABT

------------------------------------
WF Environment:
Server/Client, ReportCaster, Dev Studio: 7.6.11
Resource Analyzer, Resource Governor, Library, Maintain, InfoAssist
Application/Web Server: Tomcat 5.5.25
Java: JDK 1.6.0_03
Authentication: LDAP, MRREALM Driver
Output: PDF, EXL2K, HTM

Databases:
Oracle 10g
DB2 (AS/400)
MSSQL Server 2005
Access/FoxPro

Posts: 561 | Registered: February 03, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Okay.... guess my question was kinda dumb... But, I didn't know if there were connections to the coordinated sort column that could be used in the headings.

I guess I'll have to create an additional component report for the heading values.

Thanks,
--wg

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess I'll have to create an additional component report for the heading values.

Why would you need an additional component? Coordinated reports work based on your fist BY field so, as long as the FIRST report in your is sorted by VAR1, VAR2 and VAR3 you can just toss those values in the HEADING. The second, third, and so on reports either won't need a heading or if they do, you need to make sure they are also sorted by VAR1, VAR2, VAR3. No additional component should be required only to display a HEADING.

quote:
Okay.... guess my question was kinda dumb

A dumb question is that which never gets asked Wink

- Neftali.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
In my case, I have a page with 9 reports on it. Each report is position under the headings of the pdf page (let's call it the body). The 9 reports have their own headings but the pdf page heading is/was just text, until I realized I need to change the heading dynamically with the coordination. To do this, I have to make the headings (that's pdf heading) to be a report component (thus making the 10th component).

Hope this makes sense,
--wg

Master
posted Hide Post
refer to GamP's post.

http://forums.informationbuild...741084803#6741084803

Using OBJECT=STRING not only in PageMaster but also in TYPE=REPORT, its possible to position the text within the report dimension.

Posts: 542 | Location: Dearborn, MI | Registered: June 03, 2009Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Ram,

Remember this is a compound pdf with 9 report / graph components.

This one page has 9 little indvidual reports on it. I'm using the headings on those 9 reports as their own sub-titles. Are you saying I can take one of the headings lines from one of the 9 reports and embedded a column value in that line and then in the sytle settings reposition outside the boundaries of the component to the heading of the pdf page?

I don't think so, or at least I can see that working.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
All,

Also, I already had a solution before asking the question. That solution was to add a 10th component and position it as the heading of the pdf page and then display only heading information that dynamically changes with the 'coordination'.

BTW, I had just discovered 'page master' and was hoping to put the heading report component on the page master to avoid add this additional component 3 times (1 for each page). However, it appears you can't put report / graph components on a page master.

--wg

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm not asking the question correctly?

Please close this, I have adopted my own solution to add additional components to the page for page heading purposes (not report / component purposes).

--wg

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You can close it by opening your initial post, editing the topic's title and adding a [CLOSED] prefix to it.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.