Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Passing Variables to HTMLFORM

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Passing Variables to HTMLFORM
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have a procedure that populates some values for a few variables and then runs an HTMLFORM. This HTMLFORM should populate a couple of reports based on the variables but I am having a problem where the procedures on the HTML file are not picking up the variables from the procedure and I am getting input boxes on my HTML form which I do not want.

Not sure if it will be needed but the variables are called.
&COUNTRY
&ITEM
&WHSE
&IVNDR
&INAME

I was able to find this thread (https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/704103414?r=704103414#704103414) that appeared to have a solution for Dev Studio but we are now on App Studio and I wasn't able to figure out how to replicate that solution in App Studio.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

-Luke

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7

Master
posted Hide Post
You can pass ampersand variables to the HTMLFORM like so:

-SET &COUNTRY='USA';
-SET &ITEM='4ZW9323';
-SET &WHSE='W30';
-SET &IVNDR='ACME';
-SET &INAME='Hammer';

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.AMP.COUNTRY;
<br>
!IBI.AMP.ITEM;
<br>
!IBI.AMP.WHSE;
<br>
!IBI.AMP.IVNDR;
<br>
!IBI.AMP.INAME;
-HTMLFORM END

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I am not actually building the HTMLFORM but referencing it at the bottom of the procedure like so.

-HTMLFORM IBFS:/WFC/Repository/IM_Reports_Global/Global_Forecast_Accuracy/ITEM_DRILL_FRONT.htm

Is this something that I would have to add to the text of that HTML Form?

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luke Forster:
I am not actually building the HTMLFORM but referencing it at the bottom of the procedure like so.

-HTMLFORM IBFS:/WFC/Repository/IM_Reports_Global/Global_Forecast_Accuracy/ITEM_DRILL_FRONT.htm

I think so. But since I've never referenced an HTMLFORM, I'm not sure.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Posts: 594 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 04, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Squatch:
quote:

Thanks, unfortunately I appear to be unable to test this as I don't have any options to open the file in the text editor for an HTML file in App Studio.

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7

Master
posted Hide Post
hahaha! and the inability to use a text editor in app studio strikes again!

Sorry this has been a frustration for a lot of us in the forum since they released app studio. IBI doesn't believe that developers should be able to access the text editor... smh...

anyways. That topic has been beaten to death and no one wants to listen, so on to the other way... You should be able to right click the HTML file and select "Edit in Windows associated tool". That will let you edit it outside of App Studio. If you want html files to automatically open in notepad++ or any other tools, you can specify that through windows. When you save it, it will save back to the repository as normal. Just be warned, every time you open that file from now on, IBI will throw up an error saying that you might have broken it. You can ignore it. All that IBI actually does is a character count. If the character count changed, then it will forever throw that error. Its just a scare tactic. There is no actual checking for validity of the page.

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eric.woerle:
hahaha! and the inability to use a text editor in app studio strikes again!

Sorry this has been a frustration for a lot of us in the forum since they released app studio. IBI doesn't believe that developers should be able to access the text editor... smh...

anyways. That topic has been beaten to death and no one wants to listen, so on to the other way... You should be able to right click the HTML file and select "Edit in Windows associated tool". That will let you edit it outside of App Studio. If you want html files to automatically open in notepad++ or any other tools, you can specify that through windows. When you save it, it will save back to the repository as normal. Just be warned, every time you open that file from now on, IBI will throw up an error saying that you might have broken it. You can ignore it. All that IBI actually does is a character count. If the character count changed, then it will forever throw that error. Its just a scare tactic. There is no actual checking for validity of the page.

I am clicking the edit in windows associated tool but for some reason it is opening in Internet Explorer, I am assuming I have a default somehow setup (I haven't used this option before). Do you happen to know how to adjust this, I am trying to look through the help but so far I haven't had any luck.

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7

Expert
posted Hide Post
In Windows, the default program for HTML files is Internet Explorer.

Go to Windows > Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type ... with a program

Look for the .htm extension. Change the associated program to your favourite text editor.

From now on, whenever you open Internet Explorer, you will get the message "Would you like to make Internet Explorer your default browser?" - you have to select "No" or you will not be able to open the HTML files in the text editor.

A completely ludicrous workaround.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:
In Windows, the default program for HTML files is Internet Explorer.

Go to Windows > Control Panel > Default Programs > Associate a file type ... with a program

Look for the .htm extension. Change the associated program to your favourite text editor.

From now on, whenever you open Internet Explorer, you will get the message "Would you like to make Internet Explorer your default browser?" - you have to select "No" or you will not be able to open the HTML files in the text editor.

A completely ludicrous workaround.

Thanks Francis

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Squatch:
quote:

My HTML file has the following code when opening in a text editor, unfortunately I don't write HTML code so I have no idea what I am doing with regards to where I need to change the code to pass these variables. The first thing I did was try to add it to the top but all that did was print the variables when I ran the procedure.

<html><head><meta id="RLT_STANDARDS_MODE_META" http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge"><meta name="mycharsetmeta" http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=WINDOWS-1252"><meta name="Generation" content="Created in release 8105, Generation 4"><meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_OptionsScript
var bRuntimes=true;var szHtmlAlias="./ibi_html/";var is_mobile="false";var szRunTimeHtmlAlias="runTimeHtmlAlias";var cgipath="cgipath";var ib_composer="ib_composer";var map="ib_composer_map";var grid="ib_composer_grid";var emf="ib_composer_emf";var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ib_composer);if(typeof(szRunTimeHtmlAlias) === 'string' && szRunTimeHtmlAlias.indexOf('/') == 0)szHtmlAlias=szRunTimeHtmlAlias;document.write('<script src="'+szHtmlAlias+'ibigbl.js" type="text/javascript"><\/script>');</script><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_ibigblloadCss
if(typeof ibigblloadCss === 'function'){ibigblloadCss(null);addIntlTranslatedJS("composertrans.js");}else {alert("JavaScript alias './ibi_html/'  is not valid.");window.location("about:blank");}</script><title>HtmlPage</title>
<script type="text/javascript">//confidential_id=clientEventHandlersJS
//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {

UpdateData();

// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload
</script>
<style>.internal_default {

}
</style><!--//confidential_id=focus_xmlelement
<rootxmlnode focoption="_FOC_NULL" top="10" left="10" width="561" height="277" nextelementuniquenumber="7"><variables><variable parametercreatedinreslay="0" type="unresolved" name="ITEM" default="" textvarname="" accept="0" select="0" create="1" inbinding="0" requests_list="DRILL-TO-HTML-ITEM_DRILL_FRONT;Request1;Request5;Request4;Request2;Request3;FCA_ACC_NEXT_ITEM_BUTTON" controltype="7" desc="ITEM" controltypetemp="7" defaultinbindinglocation="21,1,41,61"><link linktype="default"><condition default="1" name="Default" whattodowithcontrol="4" valuescompareoperator="0" parameterscompareoperator="0" conditionmultiselectoperator="0"><data_info datatype="0" modifiedrequest="0" displayfield="ITEM" ibiformat="A18" datafield="ITEM" datasource="wf_e3fca_item_global.mas" ibif_ex="wf_e3fca_item_global" selectedvalue="" operation="" slider_range_from="" slider_range_to="" previewvalue="" sourcetype="typeMaster"/>

</condition></link><data_info displayfield="ITEM" datafield="ITEM" datasource="next_record_hold_table.mas" ibif_ex="next_record_hold_table" datatype="0" sourcetype="typeMaster" selectedvalue="" operation="" slider_range_from="" slider_range_to="" previewvalue="'5079039'" ibiformat="A18" persistentuniqueid="compUid_7" linktype="none"/></variable><variable parametercreatedinreslay="0" type="unresolved" name="WHSE" default="" textvarname="" accept="0" select="0" create="1" inbinding="0" requests_list="DRILL-TO-HTML-ITEM_DRILL_FRONT;Request1;Request4;Request2;Request3;FCA_ACC_NEXT_ITEM_BUTTON" controltype="7" desc="WHSE" controltypetemp="7" defaultinbindinglocation="42,367,62,427"><link linktype="default" persistentuniqueid="compUid_3"><condition default="1" name="Default" whattodowithcontrol="4" valuescompareoperator="0" parameterscompareoperator="0" conditionmultiselectoperator="0"><data_info datatype="0" modifiedrequest="0" displayfield="WHSE" datafield="WHSE" datasource="wf_e3fca_item_global.mas" ibif_ex="wf_e3fca_item_global" selectedvalue="" operation="" slider_range_from="" slider_range_to="" previewvalue="" sourcetype="typeMaster" linktype="none"/></condition></link><data_info displayfield="WHSE" datafield="WHSE" datasource="next_record_hold_table.mas" ibif_ex="next_record_hold_table" datatype="0" sourcetype="typeMaster" selectedvalue="" operation="" slider_range_from="" slider_range_to="" previewvalue="'002'" persistentuniqueid="compUid_1" linktype="none"/></variable><variable parametercreatedinreslay="0" type="unresolved" name="COUNTRY" default="" textvarname="" accept="0" select="0" create="1" inbinding="0" requests_list="DRILL-TO-HTML-ITEM_DRILL_FRONT;Request1;Request5;Request4;Request2;Request3;FCA_ACC_NEXT_ITEM_BUTTON" controltype="7" desc="COUNTRY" controltypetemp="7" defaultinbindinglocation="22,283,42,343"><link linktype="default" persistentuniqueid="compUid_4"><condition default="1" name="Default" whattodowithcontrol="4" valuescompareoperator="0" parameterscompareoperator="0" conditionmultiselectoperator="0"><data_info datatype="0" modifiedrequest="0" displayfield="COUNTRY" ibiformat="A5" datafield="COUNTRY" datasource="wf_e3fca_item_global.mas" ibif_ex="wf_e3fca_item_global" selectedvalue="" operation="" slider_range_from="" slider_range_to="" previewvalue="" sourcetype="typeMaster" linktype="none"/>

</condition></link><data_info displayfield="COUNTRY" datafield="COUNTRY" datasource="next_record_hold_table.mas" ibif_ex="next_record_hold_table" datatype="0" sourcetype="typeMaster" selectedvalue="" operation="" slider_range_from="" slider_range_to="" previewvalue="'US'" ibiformat="A5" persistentuniqueid="compUid_2" linktype="none"/></variable><variable parametercreatedinreslay="0" type="unresolved" name="INAME" default="" textvarname="" accept="0" select="0" create="1" requests_list="Request1" controltype="7" inbinding="0" defaultinbindinglocation="21,105,41,157"><data_info displayfield="INAME" datafield="INAME" datasource="e3_gl_demand_history.mas" ibif_ex="e3_gl_demand_history" datatype="0" sourcetype="typeMaster" selectedvalue="" operation="" slider_range_from="" slider_range_to="" previewvalue="'Test Description'" persistentuniqueid="compUid_6" linktype="none"/></variable><variable parametercreatedinreslay="0" type="unresolved" name="IVNDR" default="" textvarname="" accept="0" select="0" create="1" requests_list="Request1" controltype="7" inbinding="0" defaultinbindinglocation="20,205,40,255"><data_info displayfield="IVNDR" datafield="IVNDR" datasource="e3_gl_demand_history.mas" ibif_ex="e3_gl_demand_history" datatype="0" sourcetype="typeMaster" selectedvalue="" operation="" slider_range_from="" slider_range_to="" previewvalue="'MCGAW'" persistentuniqueid="compUid_5" linktype="none"/></variable></variables><input_controls></input_controls><requests nextrequestsid="7"><request requestid="Request1" targettype="iframe" targetname="report1" sourcetype="typeFex" ibif_ex="/WFC/Repository/IM_Reports_Global/Global_Forecast_Accuracy/FCST_ACC_DEMAND_HISTORY_TABLE.fex" ibiapp_app="IM_Reports_Global" activereport="0" compoundreport="0" activeType="-1"></request><request requestid="Request2" targettype="iframe" targetname="report2" sourcetype="typeFex" ibif_ex="/WFC/Repository/IM_Reports_Global/Global_Forecast_Accuracy/FCST_ACC_FCST_VS_3PERAVG.fex" ibiapp_app="IM_Reports_Global" activereport="0" compoundreport="0" activeType="-1">

</request><request requestid="Request3" targettype="iframe" targetname="graph1" sourcetype="typeFex" ibif_ex="/WFC/Repository/IM_Reports_Global/Global_Forecast_Accuracy/FCST_ACC_DEMAND_HISTORY_GRAPH.fex" ibiapp_app="IM_Reports_Global" activereport="0" activeType="-1" compoundreport="0">
		</request><request requestid="Request4" targettype="iframe" targetname="report3" sourcetype="typeFex" ibif_ex="/WFC/Repository/IM_Reports_Global/Global_Forecast_Accuracy/FCST_ACC_EXCLUDE_USED_IN_FRONT.fex" ibiapp_app="IM_Reports_Global" activereport="0" compoundreport="0" activeType="-1"></request><request requestid="Request5" targettype="iframe" targetname="report4" sourcetype="typeFex" ibif_ex="/WFC/Repository/IM_Reports_Global/Global_Forecast_Accuracy/FCST_ACC_WHSE_SPLIT_ITEM.fex" ibiapp_app="IM_Reports_Global" activereport="0" compoundreport="0" activeType="-1"></request><request requestid="FCA_ACC_NEXT_ITEM_BUTTON" sourcetype="typeFex" ibif_ex="/WFC/Repository/IM_Reports_Global/Global_Forecast_Accuracy/FCA_ACC_NEXT_ITEM_BUTTON.fex" ibiapp_app="" activeType="-1" activereport="0" compoundreport="0"/></requests><other_bound_objects></other_bound_objects><html_elements><html_element bindcontrolid="report1" elementtype="2" autoExecute="True" requests_list="0" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" containerdisplayas="child"/><html_element bindcontrolid="report2" elementtype="2" autoExecute="True" requests_list="3" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" containerdisplayas="child"/><html_element bindcontrolid="graph1" elementtype="3" autoExecute="True" requests_list="4" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" containerdisplayas="child"/><html_element bindcontrolid="report3" elementtype="2" autoExecute="True" requests_list="5" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" containerdisplayas="child"/><html_element bindcontrolid="report4" elementtype="2" autoExecute="true" requests_list="12" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" containerdisplayas="child"/><html_body maptype="0" thumbnailscale="4" elementtype="21" edaconnectionrequired="true" use_appl_css="no" autofitchildren="no" mobiledocument="no" ibiapp_app="imreporting-global gsc-shared" ismre="1" ibif_ex="/WFC/Repository/IM_Reports_Global/Global_Forecast_Accuracy/ITEM_DRILL_FRONT.htm" paramstabautoarrange="no"><html_event eventname="load" eventhandlername="window_onload"/>

<layer name="default"/>
		</html_body><html_element bindcontrolid="button1" layername="default" myviewonautofit="dontyouever"/><html_element rtFileName="htmlpathsub/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/default_theme.css" bindcontrolid="LINK1" type="cssfile"/><html_element rtFileName="htmlpathsub/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/ibi.css" bindcontrolid="IBI_THEME_CSS" desc="Information Builders" type="cssfile"/></html_elements><tasks><task id="load" trigger="load"><taskitem id="Request1" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="iframe" targetname="report1"/><taskitem id="Request2" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="iframe" targetname="report2"/><taskitem id="Request3" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="iframe" targetname="graph1"/><taskitem id="Request4" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="iframe" targetname="report3"/><taskitem id="Request5" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="iframe" targetname="report4"/></task><task id="task2" trigger="click" specifictrigger="button1"><taskitem id="FCA_ACC_NEXT_ITEM_BUTTON" sourcetype="typeFex" targetname="_blank"/></task></tasks><animations></animations></rootxmlnode>
--><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=updateHeadElements
if(typeof updateHeadElements === 'function'){updateHeadElements();}</script></head>
<body class="IBI_PageBg" style="z-index: 0; background-color: white;" gridsizecy="5" gridsizecx="5" snaptogrid="1" drawgrid="1" inherithtmtheme="no"><iframe tabindex="1" title="FCST_ACC_DEMAND_HISTORY_TABLE.fex" class="IBIfield IBI_Report-iFrame IBI_rounded_m" id="report1" frameborder="no" style="border: 0px solid currentColor; border-image: none; left: 10px; top: 7px; width: 980px; height: 253px; position: absolute; z-index: 1;" heightold="210" widthold="980" name="report1"></iframe><iframe tabindex="12" title="FCST_ACC_FCST_VS_3PERAVG.fex" class="IBIfield IBI_Report-iFrame IBI_rounded_m" id="report2" frameborder="no" style="border: 0px solid currentColor; border-image: none; left: 10px; top: 420px; width: 305px; height: 60px; position: absolute; z-index: 13;" heightold="45" widthold="302" name="report2">

</iframe><iframe tabindex="13" title="FCST_ACC_DEMAND_HISTORY_GRAPH.fex" class="IBIfield IBI_Report-iFrame IBI_rounded_m" id="graph1" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" style="border: 0px solid currentColor; border-image: none; left: 10px; top: 480px; width: 770px; height: 425px; position: absolute; z-index: 14;" heightold="265" widthold="1005" size_to_fit="1" name="graph1"></iframe><iframe tabindex="50" class="IBIfield IBI_Frame IBI_rounded_m" id="DisplayFrame" frameborder="no" style="left: 10px; top: 910px; width: 995px; height: 155px; position: absolute; z-index: 51;" heightold="200" widthold="995" name="DisplayFrame"></iframe><iframe tabindex="51" title="FCST_ACC_EXCLUDE_USED_IN_FRONT.fex" class="IBIfield IBI_Report-iFrame IBI_rounded_m" id="report3" frameborder="no" style="border: 0px solid currentColor; border-image: none; left: 335px; top: 421px; width: 205px; height: 54px; position: absolute; z-index: 52;" heightold="55" widthold="205" name="report3"></iframe><iframe tabindex="52" title="FCST_ACC_WHSE_SPLIT_ITEM.fex" class="IBIfield IBI_Report-iFrame IBI_rounded_m" id="report4" frameborder="no" style="border: 0px solid currentColor; border-image: none; left: 5px; top: 265px; width: 1045px; height: 150px; overflow: auto; position: absolute; z-index: 53;" heightold="150" widthold="985" name="report4"></iframe> 
<input tabindex="53" class="IBI_button internal_default" id="button1" style="left: 1000px; top: 10px; width: 80px; height: 30px; position: absolute; z-index: 54;" type="button" value="Next Item" name="button1"></body><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_loader
if(typeof doBeforeLoad === 'function'){doBeforeLoad();}function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</script></html>
<!-- cc frkrs -->

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7

Expert
posted Hide Post
Make a backup copy of the HTML file before making changes in a text editor.

In the opinion of Information Builders the following is never a recommended solution, but we do it often.

Change the variable declaration from:

<variable parametercreatedinreslay="0" type="unresolved" name="ITEM" default="" textvarname="" accept="0" select="0" create="1" inbinding="0" requests_list="DRILL-TO-HTML-ITEM_DRILL_FRONT;Request1;Request5;Request4;Request2;Request3;FCA_ACC_NEXT_ITEM_BUTTON" controltype="7" desc="ITEM" controltypetemp="7" defaultinbindinglocation="21,1,41,61">

To

<variable parametercreatedinreslay="0" type="unresolved" name="ITEM" default="!IBI.AMP.ITEM;" textvarname="" accept="0" select="0" create="1" inbinding="0" requests_list="DRILL-TO-HTML-ITEM_DRILL_FRONT;Request1;Request5;Request4;Request2;Request3;FCA_ACC_NEXT_ITEM_BUTTON" controltype="7" desc="ITEM" controltypetemp="7" defaultinbindinglocation="21,1,41,61">

Note default="" is changed to default="!IBI.AMP.ITEM;" - this is how WebFOCUS amper variables are embedded in an HTML page.

Documentation: Developing Reporting Applications > Managing Flow of Control in an Application > Enhancing an HTML Webpage With a Procedure > Including Variables in an HTML Webpage

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Of course, Dev Studio and App Studio make editing a GUI-generated HTML file quite difficult: there are no line-breaks at the appropriate end tags.

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course, Dev Studio and App Studio make editing a GUI-generated HTML file quite difficult: there are no line-breaks at the appropriate end tags.

Francis,

didn't you know that this is how you're supposed to design HTML editing tools? I mean Dreamweaver has had it wrong all these years. Making a dual text editor/gui option so you can hand code and see the visual effect.

sorry, Its hard to stop myself on the ridiculousness of the way this works....

Eric Woerle
8.1.05M Gen 913- Reporting Server Unix
8.1.05 Client Unix
Oracle 11.2.0.2

Posts: 750 | Location: Warrenville, IL | Registered: January 08, 2013Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
"Its hard to stop myself on the ridiculousness of the way this ^ doesn't works...."

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks, unfortunately I appear to be unable to test this as I don't have any options to open the file in the text editor for an HTM file in App Studio.

You can cheat by clicking on your HTM file, then hold down the CTRL key while clicking on a file that will open up in a text editor (e.g., a procedure, CSS or JavaScript file), then right-click on that file and open in a text editor. Both files should then open in text edit mode.

But you didn't hear that from me...

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
In ancient Dev Studio v8.0.08, you can only select one file to edit.

Francis

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
In ancient Dev Studio v8.0.08, you can only select one file to edit.

I did not realize that. But it looks like Luke Forster has 8.1.05, so it should work for him.

App Studio
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Windows, All Outputs