Focal Point
[SOLVED] Extract PDF files

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/996109934

May 11, 2010, 07:09 PM
RKat
[SOLVED] Extract PDF files
Hi..

Is there a way to extract PDF files from the ReportCaster repository in stand-alone Java program and save it in the file system.

Thanks
Bye

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Webfocus 7.6.6 running on linux
May 17, 2010, 03:42 PM
Kerry
Hi RKat,

Can you please be a little more specific about what you are trying to do? The question seems to be unclear and we will need to know more in order to better assist you.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
May 17, 2010, 11:05 PM
RKat
Hi..

The PDF files generated is stored in the Report Library. I would like to extract the report using Standalone Java API and ftp it to our archival system outside the Report Library. I am looking for an worked out sample Java code that can accomplish this.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks
Bye

May 19, 2010, 08:46 AM
FrankDutch
What do you mean by "extract" ?

Can you give an example?

Do you want the information that is in the pdf report use it in an other format?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

May 19, 2010, 04:02 PM
Darin Lee
The "Report Library" is nothing more than a table storing the report in an object field with additional information about user access and versioning. Whatever the database is that you are using for the repository (guessing DB2) should be accessible by any other client through a Java API through that database's client.

Personally, I would just set up an additional task or separate job in ReportCaster to do the FTP for you - no need for additional Java code.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
May 25, 2010, 01:38 PM
RKat
I have implemented Java API to extract the PDF files from the Library. The issue is resolved and can be closed.

Thanks
Bye